the best day ever!*pics*

Mom 2em All

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Dora, Alabama
I took Henry with me to do my presentation at the elementary school- for Career day. I have done a presentation every year for the past seven years. I usually just take my Sulcata tortoise, Bubba. He is big and heavy now- but a local celebrity at the school. Today, I took Bubba and Henry. My daughters skipped school themselves, to help me out.

I had kindergarten children- three classes.
smile.png
I held Henry up- but only let the kids look at Henry. They can pet Bubba. I took the opportunity to explain to kids not to bother any ducks or geese they may see out in the fields or at the parks..or else the babies could be scared away and lose their mom and dad like Henry did. Also to warn them that Mama and Daddy goose will fight to protect their babies- and it HURTS- so dont bother or chase them. I asked the kids if they have ever seen geese flying up in the sky (Canada geese)..and told them that one day when they look up, it could be Henry flying over.

From there, my daughters and I took Henry to the park. The back of the park floods every year and there are always a zillion tadpoles (toadpoles..) This year was the same. My daughter scooped up a cupful, and Henry went swimming! He followed us up the big hill, all around the park, ate grass, grass, grass..my kids played on the swing set. My girls are 15 and 13 years old, but something about a playground makes them young kids all over again.

We had to go to the pet store to pick up some supplies- Henry was a big hit there- everyone had to come visit him in the shopping cart.
smile.png

From there we came home, and Henry played in our yard and swam in our pond- and visited with Doodle and Tyra. Soon, we had to leave to take my daughter to work- and from there, my youngest and I had a picnic at another park. More grass for Henry
smile.png
More exploring and wandering.

He is wore out. Sound asleep at my husbands feet. In a half hour, we have to go pick my daughter up from driver's training. Henry always goes with me to explore the grass at the edge of the field behind that building, in the last bit of daylight. However, I think tonight he may be too tired.
smile.png

At the park:

9221_henrytadpole.jpg

My backyard:

9221_henrytadpole2.jpg

In his car seat:

9221_tiredhenry.jpg

Henry looks pretty pooped out in his car seat. lol. That was a neat story. Thanks for letting us in on the life and times of Henry the goose.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom