The birb king's chickens

Pics
I finally separated Bean and Cinnamon from all the male quail. I just put a smaller cage inside their current enclosure. I'm assuming they will need to stay in here for a couple weeks so that poor Bean can regrow her back feathers.

Attachments

• 20230807_170233.jpg
    20230807_170233.jpg
    594 KB · Views: 7
Well the peafowl eggs were not fertile so I tosses them out today. I'm just a bit annoyed that I need to wait a whole year to get more. Anyway so I decided to do 1 more random batch of eggs this year. 1 ayem cemani egg, 1 olive egger egg, 2 serama eggs, and 6 button quail eggs. Not a huge hatch but I'm exited for the results.

Well the peafowl eggs were not fertile so I tosses them out today. I'm just a bit annoyed that I need to wait a whole year to get more. Anyway so I decided to do 1 more random batch of eggs this year. 1 ayem cemani egg, 1 olive egger egg, 2 serama eggs, and 6 button quail eggs. Not a huge hatch but I'm exited for the results.
Really sorry the peafowl eggs didn't work out, I knew how much you wanted them!! :( Glad your hatching out more chicken eggs! :D

6 chicks hatched over all. 3 buttons, 2 Seramas, and one olive egger. Unfortunetly one Serama egg started to hatch, but died before it got out of the egg. At least I got 6 healthy chicks. I would like to get started on the bigger brooder soon since they will outgrow the tank quickly.
20230904_123844.jpg
20230901_140828.jpg

This is Roger. He was dropped off by someone who couldn't have roosters. I'm pretty sure he is an Isa Brown. He was supposed to go out back in the barn and free range with the other roosters out there
20230908_171521.jpg
, but he walked over the bridge, and all the way back up to the house. So now he just lives in the backyard, sleeps In a tree, and walks around and stares at my other chickens in the coop lol.

Back
Top Bottom