Okay everything was normal when you examined her neck? Is she eating? How does her poop look? Boys aren’t messing with her?
Yes I got a really good look and feel of her neck and there is no wound. I haven't seen her poop yet. It is possible that the boys and maybe Daisy is bullying her a little bit, but it is never that bad when I am watching. I am trying to decide if I should separate her to make sure she is eating and so I can get a look at her poop, but I don't want her to be upset. I know she is drinking a little bit but I haven't seen her eat yet. The boys are 5 months but I haven't seen them try to mate yet unless they are sneaky.

Oh they def can be sneaky. Why not just for today put the 2 females up from the boys so you can get a good idea if she is eating and drinking and get a good pic of her poop. @casportpony will want to have a look if we call her in. Maybe add some vitamins to their drinking water?

Cricket is doing a little better today! She went for a swim in the pool and groomed herself a little bit. I did notice Daisy bullies her a little bit and the boys are trying to mount her some, but when she swims away they stop. I separated her for the night and she ate some treats with some B complex!

Okay, I have some more questions about my Cricketbug. She has been feeling a lot better recently, but she prefers mostly to hang out by herself and sleeps more than my other ducks. Sometimes, she will realize they are not near her and she will quack and look around for them. She gets left behind a lot, almost like she doesn't realize the other ducks have moved on without her. I haven't been worried about it until today. My husband just gave me my binoculars and said he thought he saw a wild duck on the lake next to our dock. I looked, and sure enough, it was Cricket! This means she flew over the fence away from the other ducks to go all the way down to the water by herself. I went down there, and she was quacking for the other ducks. I let the other ducks out, and when they got down to the water, Cricket swam to be with them. Does anyone have any idea what this behavior could mean? I thought it could be her vision, but she can see movement and doesn't have any trouble finding water or food. I know she can hear because I snuck up behind her and clapped (to test her hearing) and she reacted. I had just decided she was my special duck, but I am really starting to wonder! She will be 4 months old around 9/15 and her poop is normal. She gets picked on a little bit but not much. I feed Flock Raiser right now, but it goes bad so quickly I decided to switch to Mazuri, and I am waiting for the first bucket to arrive.

I separated Cricket last night and she ate plenty of food and had normal poop. She weighs 2 lbs 2 oz. Does this seem small? She is a tad smaller than Daisy, but I figured the girls are still growing because the boys are still a good bit bigger than them.

Back
Top Bottom