The Bunny Chat Thread - For Bunny Owners

Pics
Say hello to my bunny, Sophie!

20200412_081554.jpg

She is a Netherland Dwarf/Californian mix. About 7 years old.

She is quite the rabbit. She actually got along with 10 hens.

She also has quite the personality. Some days she is like, "sure, you can pet me." Other days she's like, "don't touch me."

I think Lennon is about 6. She works at home so she can bond with Lennon and give him attention nearly 24/7. And she might not be ready for another 10+ year commit, or all the money it takes for another rabbit. If you have the money, and you can't give you rabbit enough bonding time getting another rabbit would be great
Well, I really can't judge, 2 of my buns are single (1 is not spayed, the other doesn't get along with the other three). She could adopt a senior bunny.

Say hello to my bunny, Sophie!

View attachment 2236876

She is a Netherland Dwarf/Californian mix. About 7 years old.

She is quite the rabbit. She actually got along with 10 hens.

She also has quite the personality. Some days she is like, "sure, you can pet me." Other days she's like, "don't touch me."
She's very pretty! My bun Eeyore loves the chickens, although the big ones are terrified of him! 😂

That's a cute bunny! How old are they? Are you keeping them in separate cages? We may know that you shouldn't breed siblings, but the bunnies probably don't, so keeping them separate past 12 weeks is a wise idea.

I have wanted to raise and eat rabbits for a while, but I live in the desert, not ideal for rabbits. Plus the kids would have a fit if I ate a rabbit! 😂

I really like the Castor color too, although I didn't know what it was called before now. My Holland Lop has some castor/orange markings, and she is very pretty.

As for the feeders, don't worry about them not being rabbit feeders. I have used too many different things to feed my rabbits to criticize others. :D

Good luck with your rabbits!

They are in separate cages now. I do not want to do the traditional stacked cage rabbity thing I tried once before. It depressed me. I want to create a habitat for them and the rare time I need meat or fur I can harvest them. I have been scoping out locations suitable for building a rabbit habitat. I keep running across 1 of 2 problems with each location 1. Direct Sun light part of the day or 2 flood prone area.

They are in separate cages now. I do not want to do the traditional stacked cage rabbity thing I tried once before. It depressed me. I want to create a habitat for them and the rare time I need meat or fur I can harvest them. I have been scoping out locations suitable for building a rabbit habitat. I keep running across 1 of 2 problems with each location 1. Direct Sun light part of the day or 2 flood prone area.
Maybe you could set up a large hutch with an enclosed area for them to exercise in? Kinda like a chicken coop. This way they'd have a little more space to run about in. They'll really need exercise to keep them happy and healthy so the bigger the better. They could also have shade with way. You could put up a fan in the summer and a heater for winter. I would also keep them off wire. They don't have paw pads on their feet ya'know so it can become very painful and it can easily become infected. And be sure that you dig down into the ground when enclosing the run, otherwise animals will dig under to eat your rabbits.

Edit:
To fix the flood problem you could raise the whole thing up off the ground and add grass in the run. This could also help keep predators away.

Also, for their water I would use something like this.
1594424095359.png

The little water bottle dipper thing just don't let them get enough water and they can get dirty and affect your rabbit.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom