The Bunny Chat Thread - For Bunny Owners

Keep him someplace where you will like being so you will want to spend time with him. Although I know you will spend plenty of time with him. Too bad they wont let him be in your room. What about the space upstairs?
I talked to my sis last night......she thinks getting a blue doe is a great idea. They used to have one of the only blue lines in the entire area and says no one really has them around here anymore. So I may have to plan a trip north!!!! 😂 She also told me that they shut down the website and retiring from the bunny biz. She said feed increased in price $3-4 per bag over night :eek: I haven’t noticed because I haven’t bought feed in about a month.

I talked to my sis last night......she thinks getting a blue doe is a great idea. They used to have one of the only blue lines in the entire area and says no one really has them around here anymore. So I may have to plan a trip north!!!! 😂 She also told me that they shut down the website and retiring from the bunny biz. She said feed increased in price $3-4 per bag over night :eek: I haven’t noticed because I haven’t bought feed in about a month.
Oh wow! That is quite the price spike!

I now have 3 of the babies bunnies in the house. I can’t tell if they are just runts, or peanuts. 1 from the broken litter, and 2 from the blue litter. But they aren’t getting full bellies. I know the odds aren’t so good ether way. But I’d rather loose one under my care, then find one that had died and the doe tried to get rid of her self.

Niven is being a handful today! Running all over and getting into mischief; oinking and grunting at me when I put new things in her forage box to distract her. :barnieShe is such a ham.

Anyway, she is going through her first heavy molt since we got her. Any advice on ways to help things go smoothly? I am trying to comb her daily but she hates it and has to be bribed. And I noticed a few poop chains in her litter box last night. :( Just want to make sure she gets through this safely. TIA

Niven is being a handful today! Running all over and getting into mischief; oinking and grunting at me when I put new things in her forage box to distract her. :barnieShe is such a ham.

Anyway, she is going through her first heavy molt since we got her. Any advice on ways to help things go smoothly? I am trying to comb her daily but she hates it and has to be bribed. And I noticed a few poop chains in her litter box last night. :( Just want to make sure she gets through this safely. TIA
When it comes to molting, I am much more of a plucker than a brusher. Do a plucking session every day. Try to keep the extra hair out of her litter box or cage so that she doesn't eat too much of it. I like to feed extra nutrition like BOSS and whole oats during molting.

@muddy75 I’ll be here 🤣🤣 Just let me know what time frame you have in mind so I can be sure to have one for you.

@CSAchook We used a reciprocating saw blade on our rexes because the brushes were not very effective. They seemed to tolerate it pretty well. I also prefer to pluck vs comb though. It sounds like shes getting into her teenage years 🤣

@muddy75 I’ll be here 🤣🤣 Just let me know what time frame you have in mind so I can be sure to have one for you.

@CSAchook We used a reciprocating saw blade on our rexes because the brushes were not very effective. They seemed to tolerate it pretty well. I also prefer to pluck vs comb though. It sounds like shes getting into her teenage years 🤣
We attempted to breed back last night. The doe was relatively calm considering....(i think she only bit mr muddy twice) My buck seems to only get one successful breeding though.
We played with a couple babies while mom was visiting dad’s apartment. The little evil drama queen actually bit a chunk out of it’s own paw though. :th

We attempted to breed back last night. The doe was relatively calm considering....(i think she only bit mr muddy twice) My buck seems to only get one successful breeding though.
We played with a couple babies while mom was visiting dad’s apartment. The little evil drama queen actually bit a chunk out of it’s own paw though. :th
Good grief! Poor thing’s a danger to itself 🤣

Back
Top Bottom