The Bunny Chat Thread - For Bunny Owners

20210823_071308.jpg
Angeline. Adored house bunny that I take way too many pictures of.

Good evening everyone! I have bred rabbits for about 2 years now. I have a Mini Rex pair and a Holland Lop pair. Recently I haven't been able to easily sell the babies and it's made me decide to stop breeding rabbits. I would like to get both pairs fixed and keep them all together in a huge enclosure with tunnels, plants, ect. I also have a little Holland Lop kit I'd like to keep and get fixed and I still have 3 Mini Rex babies so I'd like to keep one of those also. What do y'all think and from y'alls experience, do you think they'd get along?
After being fixed it is really a crap shoot on if they will live in harmony. The biggest thing for you to do is give them as much space as possible with multiple levels, feeders, waterers, and living areas (boxes, enclosures, hollowed out logs, etc.). Try it slowly with monitored play first. Don't let any of them live in the enclosure permanently without the others or they will defend it. Do it slowly and safely. I hope it works out - best of luck!

Good evening everyone! I have bred rabbits for about 2 years now. I have a Mini Rex pair and a Holland Lop pair. Recently I haven't been able to easily sell the babies and it's made me decide to stop breeding rabbits. I would like to get both pairs fixed and keep them all together in a huge enclosure with tunnels, plants, ect. I also have a little Holland Lop kit I'd like to keep and get fixed and I still have 3 Mini Rex babies so I'd like to keep one of those also. What do y'all think and from y'alls experience, do you think they'd get along?
No experience with that here, but I have done research for many years.

You could definitely get them fixed and try to bond them, but I don't think it's very likely that they'll all get along together. You could definitely try to keep them in bonded pairs, or even have three bonded. But it would be tricky to bond many more than that.
I would watch some videos on bonding rabbits to learn how to do so safely, before attempting it yourself.

And remember to wait at least a few months after getting them fixed before introducing and bonding them.

I'd love to see what your setup will look like.

Generally it is easiest if you do a pair, but it is possible that that could work. It would probably take a while, but it would be a lot of fun for you and the bunnies when everyone got along.

Back
Top Bottom