The BYC Game Cam Thread (Add Your Own Pics!)

Hope this reaches those who know??? There seems to be a significant delay between pics?? We had it set up in the basrn caught the skunk and coon squaring off ( sinky event!)
th.gif
But neither was caught coming in or leaving?? we have the moultrie 40. We have it on the fastest time we think! Boy is it busy out there!! Thank you any help!!

Our biggest ??? is how long between shots?? We have critters coon vs. skunk in the barn but No pics of them entering or leaving.How much lag time do you guys have between frames ???

Last edited:
Quote:
You have the same model I have, I don't mind the time lag but it basically takes one picture each minute if there is movement...at least I THINK that's how it works. Try changing the settings to take 3 pictures at a time, I don't remember what it says on the screen when you change the setting but your instructions should have it listed on there. This may not actually fix the problem, but it's the only thing I can think of right this second that might, other than changing the position of the camera to pick up on movement quicker than what it does at the moment. You can always walk out to the camera when it's dark out and then you can see exactly where it picks up movement when the flash goes off.

Got me one of the Moultry cameras. I set it up outside of my deer stand this afternoon. Hopefully in the morning I'll have a pic to post.

Question--- I set it using the IR light and then turned it to AUTO. Now if I understand how it works. It is on 1 minute delay---- one minute after something enters the IR field it will take a picture? And because I have the camera set to take one pic per incident it will only take one, right? That is until whatever moves off and then re-enters the IR field. And because I have it set to auto it will use flash photography, right? As near as I can tell my camera is not capable of taking a pic using NV IR.

Got to ask, does this sound like the correct way to set this thing up? Oh yeah Moultry 5.0 game cam

i want a game cam for christmas..has anyone looked into or used a security camera for watching game in your yard? if so which do you think is the best bet.. i saw security cams for about 150.00 with and infra red range of 45' a little better than the game cam for the same price. any opinions?

Back
Top Bottom