THE BYC TRAVELING MASCOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Look up dear, Beaker is with me. He's very busy showing us all the stuff that he travels with, and all his accessorized outfits.
smile.png

So, I wandered into the living room earlier and found Popper sitting at the window, looking outside. I saw his little shoulders shudder and I looked more closely... he was crying! The poor little guy had these big tears rolling down his face.

IMG_4318.jpg

(Here he is looking out the window, do you see those big tears?)

Oh my goodness ... I immediately hurried over to see what was wrong. He wouldn't talk to me, it was obvious he was embarrassed, so we went to the kitchen for cookies and goat milk while he got his courage up. He finally confided to me what was bothering him. He didn't know how to fly!

Oh, it was just heart wrenching to listen to him. It finally made sense why I found him walking along the road. He couldn't fly so he was driving across country to find his brother.

Of course I felt so awful that I knew we had to do something for the little guy. It only took me a few minutes to figure out what to do for him... teach him to fly! I knew just where to take him.

IMG_4254.jpg

Here he is... flying...

First with Josh Evans -

IMG_4244.jpg

IMG_4249.jpg

Then, Mike Silva spent some time with him -

IMG_4233.jpg

IMG_4241.jpg

Popper has not stopped talking about it since we left. He can fly! He's sooo proud!!

These guys were so great. They were happy to help teach a duck to fly (they admitted they didn't get many ducks come in to skydive with them). They are both wind tunnel instructors and had the experience to get Popper flying in just minutes.

If any of you are ever in the Denver, CO area you really need to stop by and go skydiving... indoors! No worries about a parachute or jumping out of an airplane. Mike and Josh will take great care of you. My own two oldest boys got to do this and loved it! If you go, tell them "Popper" sent you.
big_smile.png

You can call Skyventure at 303-768-9000 or go on-line to http://skyventurecolorado.com/

Last edited:
Awesome Photos! Popper you look like you are having a great time! I am so glad that you have finally learned how to fly! It is so good to see a big smile on your face instead of those big ole tears! Too funny! Thanks for sharing this great adventure with everyone!

Oh my gosh... that is just too perfect!

On a side note, I want to take my wife indoor skydiving so badly! I went tandem skydiving when I was 18 and loved it, but I don't think that real skydiving would "fly" with her!
wink.png

Popper sure seems to have all the fun!!!! We have a Paraclete Skyventure here too..never been..but might now!!! What fun these Mascots are having!! Anyone notice that AWESOME scenery behind Henry???!! Dang, that is beautiful!!! Lucky ducks!!! lol!! Thank ya'll for being such terrific hosts!!!! Bet Popper gets a package today...a NOISY one!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif

Wow Chirpy...you've gone all out for Popper!!!! He's having a blast!!!

We have family in Denver. I'm trying to talk mother in law into going with me and my boys there. They would love the in door sky diving place. I will keep it in mind if we end up going.

Quote:
Look two above your post. Seems Beaker is with chickenannie now!!!

Sheesh....missed that one
hmm.png
Thanks for pointing it out to me. I read so many posts that I truly get lost.
tongue.png

take an oversized industrial fan, lay it on the floor flat,, turn it on EXTRA HIGH,, and jump in the middle of it,,,, bingo,,, you fly up,, and by adjusting the speed of the fan with your weight,, you can jump and hover for a while,, then fall slowly down.

do we know if Beaker has reached Parson'sWife? I know she gets really busy and may not have had a chance to post.
smile.png
I see that there is a link next to her name on the list but it doesn't take me to a post saying Beaker has reached her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom