The chicken breed Pavlov

This is like being part of a treasure hunt
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
There is a standard in Russia- this is information from a Russian website. Tried to translate as best as I could. Hope this is helpful

Cocks:
Head : medium-sized, round.
Crest
: Narrow, as if compressed from sides, and slightly tilted forward, but does not touch the beak, feathers pointing upwards and compact. Does not interfere with vision
Beak : almost straight, horn color, quite thin, with high nostrils
Comb:
horns with two or more points

Wattles: very small
Eyes :. Brownish-red to almost black
Ear lobe : small, any color
Beard : large, very thick, close to ear lobe. Wedge-shaped, strongly developed.
Face
: red
Chest : Full, rounded
Back : wide and flat
Wings: medium sized, broad.
Tail
: medium-sized, full, keeps almost straight up, but not over the back
Legs : Short, very richly feathered. bluish to greenish gray. Four or five toes all feathered

Hens are the same except for virtually no wattles and the crest is wider, fuller and rounder

Egg production : 150-170 eggs per year, shell - from white to cream-colored, egg weight 1.6-1.8 oz
Disqualifications: . Lacks crest, beard, crest prevents vision, legs that are not densely feathered
Bodyweight : 3.3-5 lbs rooster, hens 2.5-3.3 lbs
Colors: gold, silver, black, white, black and white

Last edited:

This art work is from a Russian Artist I know, Sasha Musin, please give him credit. His work is beautiful and accurate. He is part of a group that knows the breed and its history. PM me and I will try to help. I have observed them to be flighty and a bit gamey but that maybe due to how they are raised. I have one generation that is handled and fine and another that is not. Russians tell me they are very tame. They are small but lay a large egg for their size. I can not speak to broody habits but will ask my friends in Russia who keep them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom