The chickens of the Sunshine Motel!

Pics
So, after the loss of Dodo, I contacted Meyers.
They pulled up my account, and said I could get a replacement shipment, but of course their minimum was 3 chicks. So, I have 2 easter eggers and a Meyer meal maker shipping out Wednesday, and since the shipping is free, it cost a whopping $1.15 after the credit on my account for Dodo.

BUT.
The woman I am bringing Jamie to on Tuesday just posted a picture of her brooder. . . FULL on blue polish chicks!
Her minimum is also 3.
So guess who is getting 6 more chicks next week?!

I am also working on getting this coop. It is in rough shape, and hasn't been used in 20 years, but it's still salvageable, and BIG-- I think it has to be nearly 20ft long and at least 8ft wide. There is also a divider, so there is one big pen and a smaller isolation pen, which would be perfect for allowing my 8 non-polish chicks to grow up where they can see but not touch the big girls.

My goal is to move all the big birds to the new coop, and then the polish chicks into the small coop and Nardole and co into the sunny small coop. When? Hopefully within the next three weeks, as the brooder in my spare room will be a little crowded with 14 chicks!
20190409_180050.jpg
20190409_180057.jpg
20190409_180054.jpg

More on the coop: the big section is 14x8, not including the nest boxes or the roosting area, small area is 6x8, again, not including nest or roost. It definitely needs some cleaning and weather/rodent proofing, but it is a nice big coop with lots of windows. With a bit of TLC, it will be really nice!

Please welcome Chesterton!
He is a lavender orpington x black sex link, ie a boring black rooster lol. But very handsome, and nice and calm. 3 years old.
20190423_172139.jpg

Also-- the whole reason I went down there, a whole 2 hour drive, was to do a rooster swap, ie give her Jamie and take home Chesterton.
Well, I pull Jamie out of the carrier, she takes one look and says "Oh honey, I can't take that, that's a girl!"
:eek:
So Jamie-- or perhaps Zoe?!-- came home with me.
As well as 3 more blue polish!!

20190423_164809.jpg

Back
Top Bottom