The Cluck 'n Quack: Stories of our birds

Pics
What breeds are you planning to get this year?
I don’t think we are ordering from them this year. I think we will let a hen or two go broody and hatch some chicks instead! It will be our first time having our own eggs to hatch, and we’re super excited. I’m hoping Shelly will go broody, but we’ll see.

I don’t think we are ordering from them this year. I think we will let a hen or two go broody and hatch some chicks instead! It will be our first time having our own eggs to hatch, and we’re super excited. I’m hoping Shelly will go broody, but we’ll see.
Hope it goes well! Guess I’m not the only one wanting broody hens!

Hope it goes well! Guess I’m not the only one wanting broody hens!
Thank you! We will probably post a hatch-along. Oh, we will definitely have broodies. That buff Orpington hen that I posted earlier is OBSESSED with it. She went broody back when she was like 7 months. Once she goes broody, everyone goes broody. It’s going to be tough this year. We have Cochins now too, and Coco seems like she is probably going to want to go broody later. I just hope it won’t be like 30 at a time!

I hope your hens go broody too!

Thank you! We will probably post a hatch-along. Oh, we will definitely have broodies. That buff Orpington hen that I posted earlier is OBSESSED with it. She went broody back when she was like 7 months. Once she goes broody, everyone goes broody. It’s going to be tough this year. We have Cochins now too, and Coco seems like she is probably going to want to go broody later. I just hope it won’t be like 30 at a time!

I hope your hens go broody too!
Keep us updated!

Thank you! I REALLY want one to go broody.

That's great too! What breed?
He is a mix. The only nice roosters we have had are mixes, so all the chicks will be super mixed. His name is Blue:
BA40DF57-1DDA-4FB2-B9D5-2B15FEF35BD3.jpeg

We also have Gus, but he has some problems, so I’m not sure that we will intentionally hatch any from him:
B0289F93-998B-4A29-9DB9-5017D7C5302F.jpeg

I’m guessing they are… don’t really know either.
There is a thread on here that I found. It says that drakes tend to be more mellow than other poultry males (roosters, toms, ganders). They are a bit more skittish and are usually not bold enough to attack a human. It sounds like mean drakes are more rare than mean roosters, so hopefully yours will be nice!

Back
Top Bottom