The Cluck 'n Quack: Stories of our birds

Oh by the way, this is funny. So when I named the Wyandotte Cornelia, I thought, hey I can call her Corny for short! But then I remembered you had a Wyandotte named Corny soooo... 😬😂
Yes! I didn’t name her, though, if you couldn’t tell. Corny has the cutest face, I think.
C27C1274-E1B3-4F2B-8459-C7193CE878E2.jpeg

I honestly can't tell. Not noticeably pink. She's just got darker barring and a different-looking face and a bigger crest and a neater tail that she holds higher than Millie and and and... she's just.... different. I just can't see them being the same breed.
Barred Rocks have yellow legs and cuckoo Marans have pink legs, although Barred Rocks can have their leg color fade with old age. Does she look anything like Jerkface did? This is just about the only picture I have....
53FC9E06-1525-4FE2-A0E5-797C6235FE46.jpeg

Ehh. A little. She looks nicer.
Your hen looks nicer? I’m guessing yes. Jerkface received her name due to being a true jerk to the other hens. She would constantly mate Bobby (a hen) and make all the other hens bald. Once I got my first ever batch of chicks, we gave her away. She was MEAN.

Back
Top Bottom