The danger of buckets and Chopper saves the day!

sabianshepherds

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 2, 2011
Cleveland
There are several misc buckets laying around the yard, mostly dog drinking buckets. The chicks were out while I was cleaning, inspecting everything, hopping up on buckets and drinking from dog dishes. When I went to put them back in the coop, I found I was missing one. Two days ago one got out and was chased by a cat, I thought she was a goner, but my neighbor returned her the next day.

Well I thought another had really gone missing this time, and I was in the yard and missed it. Right before I started to panic, I went to get Chopper, my 4 year old sheep herding german shepherd. He helps me herd them back into the coop, using the same commands I use when we are herding. I sent him to flush out the bushes and be hind the kennels. As he's coming back around the front he runs up to an over turned bucket and nudges it. He looks at me like I'm missing something, so I turn the bucket over, and out comes the missing chicken. It must have hopped on the bucket and it turned over on her.

Good thing Chopper found her, I'm sure it would have gotten pretty hot under there, and I would have had a dead chick. I really need to pick up after myself.

woot.gif
for Chopper!!!

clap.gif
Chopper! That happened with one of my cornish x pullets. Saw one of their water buckets tipped over, went to pick it up to refill it and she was under it.

Back
Top Bottom