The Diet Doth Confuseth Me! (Renal Diet Thread)

Pics
Stumbled up on this thread. I’m so sorry to hear it. It’s tough. Never give up. I didn’t read the whole thread so if I’m off base or repeating stuff just ignore it
About 6 years ago, I had an allergic reaction to NSAIDS-Aleve. Within 24 hrs I was hospitalized with kidney failure, fluid retention caused pressure on my heart and fluid in my lungs causing pneumonia. 80 days later and 60 pounds lighter- not fat, I was a big man 6-3 280 pounds and fairly lean. I went home and started dialysis with stg 4 kidney failure. Told I would never be off. I didn’t quit and stayed on top of my numbers and a 2 years later I got off of dialysis. I lost another 20 pounds and now after 25 years I’m not diabetic anymore. It is up in the air how long I’m going to be good but it’s been over two years now. Every day is a gift.
I’m just saying you can beat this. It ain’t easy I’m always here if you want to message me with questions or even just to vent. Or if you need it I’d be glad to sent my phone contact
Sorry about the wall of text. Hang in there. You got this!

Good for you, glad you are doing well! Keep up the good work! Blessings to you! :hugs

Back
Top Bottom