The Diet Doth Confuseth Me! (Renal Diet Thread)

Pics
I’m so glad you all are here. I’m beginning to think this is doable! You’ve given me much needed encouragement!

Funny, Ma used to make stock all the time and she always told us to use as little salt as possible. She said she wanted to taste the food - if she was craving salt she could just lick the salt shaker! So none of us use much salt in stock either. I never thought about salting the veggies first, though. We always put a little bit in the meat we were searing off in the bottom of the stock pot before we added the other stuff. That’s a good hint!
I've also found that roasting the aromatics first achieves better results then salting and sauteing. So no need at all for salt.

Been a little under the weather the last couple of days...just a sneaky little cold that can’t decide if it wants to become a full-blown one or not. Didn’t want you to think I’d abandoned the thread - there’s been way too much good information shared so far to do that!

We have to run up to Billings today. I don’t want to go, but we need a nice looking wood filing cabinet and we didn’t find one in Cody. Billings means eating out. I used to look forward to that - we don’t have a wealth of restaurants around here, but Billings has everything - Red Lobster, Famous Dave’s, Texas Roadhouse - so I guess I’ll either be wise and select something that’s on the good list or be wild and blow the diet for the day. Maybe I’ll flip a coin!!

Been a little under the weather the last couple of days...just a sneaky little cold that can’t decide if it wants to become a full-blown one or not. Didn’t want you to think I’d abandoned the thread - there’s been way too much good information shared so far to do that!

We have to run up to Billings today. I don’t want to go, but we need a nice looking wood filing cabinet and we didn’t find one in Cody. Billings means eating out. I used to look forward to that - we don’t have a wealth of restaurants around here, but Billings has everything - Red Lobster, Famous Dave’s, Texas Roadhouse - so I guess I’ll either be wise and select something that’s on the good list or be wild and blow the diet for the day. Maybe I’ll flip a coin!!
Hopefully your cold will decide to leave and not turn full blown.

I think if I were you I would give myself 2-3 cheat days a month and maybe make rules around them so that they can't be too close to each other. That way you don't go completely nuts having to be good but you still have a pretty good diet but can let the steam off every now and then.

Have a safe and fun trip to Billings!

Back
Top Bottom