The Duck Feet Thread

Feets! <3

love.gif
I'm loving her fluffy little bum too

love.gif
I'm loving her fluffy little bum too

It's not so fluffy anymore, but it's MY lil' butt and I love it! Speaking of feets, I don't have a photo but can any white duck owners answer a question for me? Wobbles' nails are awfully thin and flimsy, to the point where they're a bit curled and hollow, so it requires extra special care when he's betting clipped. Bean's nails are sharp and arrow-straight, not a thing wrong with them.

Is this just something white ducks have, since they're unpigmented, or could it be a result of show-quality inbreeding? I know other white animals have skin and hair issues like Westies, and even eye problems seem to be commonplace with white domestic breeds. I'm guessing that's probably all it is.

It's not so fluffy anymore, but it's MY lil' butt and I love it! Speaking of feets, I don't have a photo but can any white duck owners answer a question for me? Wobbles' nails are awfully thin and flimsy, to the point where they're a bit curled and hollow, so it requires extra special care when he's betting clipped. Bean's nails are sharp and arrow-straight, not a thing wrong with them.

Is this just something white ducks have, since they're unpigmented, or could it be a result of show-quality inbreeding? I know other white animals have skin and hair issues like Westies, and even eye problems seem to be commonplace with white domestic breeds. I'm guessing that's probably all it is.

I don't know about calls, but all of my white ducks have massive, healthy white nails. They are maybe even thicker than some of my dark nailed ducks.

Back
Top Bottom