The Duck Thread

100% sure a predator didn't get them. No feathers, no blood, no other smaller easier to get birds taken. They could fly well enough that I saw them clear a four foot fence with at least two feet between them and the fence, but they never really 'flew' flew, if that makes sense. Just a little bit of flying when they got excited. If they could get six feet off the ground though I suppose it's totally possible that they could really fly and just never did.
Well that's good, I just hope they didn't get attacked wherever they flew to. And I don't think they could have gotten more than a few miles without tiring out. Are you planning on looking for them?

Awesome!!! It was certainly noisy around here with two ("angel wing" and a friend) out of 7 penned up! Thanks for the GREAT news!!

wee.gif
Wow I bet it was! So is everyone all healed up now?

Sad day here. Found one of my Pekin girls dead
hit.gif
this morning when I went to let everyone out of the night pen. She was 3 years old. No apparent cause of death. She was just laid out belly down, head forward and feet out behind her
hit.gif

Sad day here.  Found one of my Pekin girls dead:hit this morning when I went to let everyone out of the night pen.  She was 3 years old.  No apparent cause of death.  She was just laid out belly down, head forward and feet out behind her:hit

Oh no!!!!!!!!! prayers are with you! It's so sad to lose a duck :( or any pet.

Sad day here.  Found one of my Pekin girls dead:hit this morning when I went to let everyone out of the night pen.  She was 3 years old.  No apparent cause of death.  She was just laid out belly down, head forward and feet out behind her:hit

Sorry for your loss :hugs It's always hard to lose one.

Well that's good, I just hope they didn't get attacked wherever they flew to. And I don't think they could have gotten more than a few miles without tiring out. Are you planning on looking for them?

Wow I bet it was! So is everyone all healed up now?
Yes, this is her. In the top picture it is the one flapping her wings(left wing is the angel wing), the next one you can see her standing, you are looking at the wing that I repaired and on the last picture this is her walking she is in the back row on the left. I can't believe it did so well! I was certain that we would take off the bandage and a LOT of feathers would be catty wompus! I wasn't sure how well I bandaged it with all her screaming and jumping around! I am thrilled!

Everyone is acting like one big happy family! All hens, the black ducklings and the pekin on the right with her tail next to the edge of the pool are only 8 weeks old! They are almost as big as the adults (the 2 Pekin in the middle of the pool). I was so afraid that there would be aggression, they have only been permanently together for about 2 weeks.

Interesting to know, I have put them all together and surprisingly the only aggression I see is the "lings" against the adults. The adults just take it and walk away!!! I figure one day they will bring the babies down a notch or two but so far the little ladies are being wonderful to the babies. Not sure I would be that nice. Is it normal for babies to be aggressive with the adults? Or is it because there are 5 babies and only 2 adults. We call the babies "the mob"! That's how they act! LOL

Back
Top Bottom