The Duck Thread

Yea, there was really bright lighting on the first pic, your khaki is a drake (sort for confusing you!) because of his head color. If the pekin has a curly tail it's a drake, if not, then probably female :)
lol my daughter named the brown one pinkie pie,and its a drake,as for the white one i cant really see any curls but behavior wise i think mr.waddles is a drake aswell,and he is the doninate of the two,since they r young can the white ones curls be verry subtle

iam really not shure if they r male r female,iam quiet excited to find out,from what iv read my brown ones a male tho i dont see any drake feathers,iam really unshure about the pekin tho

It's really simple - do they quack?
If they quack when you grab them then they are girls otherwise boys.
Curly feathers are not a guarantee as they could be moulting or broken off.

Last edited:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7392151/width/200/hei

My duckling duke when he was 1 week or so he is a Rouen and is about 3 1/2 months old now he loves being cuddled but gets jealous easily of other animals lol

I have a duck with all red feathers, if you would like to see pics please just ask! I'll post them on my thread for Rare! Chocolate Orpington Duck. The duck getting red feathers is Harmony, a rare chocolate buff. She is extremely beautiful!

I have a duck with all red feathers, if you would like to see pics please just ask! I'll post them on my thread for Rare! Chocolate Orpington Duck. The duck getting red feathers is Harmony, a rare chocolate buff. She is extremely beautiful!

Yes! We definitely want pictures!

@white socks here we are!!!
@jtn42248, @Miss Lydia, @Debs Flock, @pattyhen, @WVduckchick....and any other lamps... Can you give a hand to white socks. Friend from elsewhere, deb, you helped on FB. Looking for help with niacin. Crippled duck with walking issues. Oh and can someone give a link on the page where it helps a new person a walk through of BYC???? Please??

Last edited:
@white socks here we are!!!
@jtn42248 , @Miss Lydia , @Debs Flock , @pattyhen , @WVduckchick ....and any other lamps... Can you give a hand to white socks. Friend from elsewhere, deb, you helped on FB. Looking for help with niacin. Crippled duck with walking issues. Oh and can someone give a link on the page where it helps a new person a walk through of BYC???? Please??

frow.gif
thumbsup.gif

I have a crippled duck and need some help figuring out what I can do to help him. I'm giving him brewer's yeast and niacin but no luck with it.. Can someone help me please and thank you

Back
Top Bottom