The Duck Thread

@Miss Lydia yeah that's what I was thinking I just wanted to be sure it wasn't nothing bad. Thank you for your help
smile.png
How much does she weigh? she maybe under weight.

I hate it when they tag team. :rant  I get really mad and yell if I see them doing it...

Should have seen me chasing them. I wish they just beat up on each other! Sometimes all of them are ganging up on one female. I really want to get rid of some but most of the boys I have came with the place and I know our buddy would be bummed with me if I shipped them off. Going to bring the KC in tonight I think. It looked pretty bad today. She is very skiddish with me.

Should have seen me chasing them. I wish they just beat up on each other! Sometimes all of them are ganging up on one female. I really want to get rid of some but most of the boys I have came with the place and I know our buddy would be bummed with me if I shipped them off. Going to bring the KC in tonight I think. It looked pretty bad today. She is very skiddish with me.

Got a way to separate the boys from the girls for a while? Seriously, they can do serious damage to the poor girls when they tag-team... tearing wounds in the back of their heads, around their eyes, etc... I know of one that lost her eye due to being tag teamed by drakes, it's not pleasant to deal with the resulting damages...

Got a way to separate the boys from the girls for a while? Seriously, they can do serious damage to the poor girls when they tag-team... tearing wounds in the back of their heads, around their eyes, etc... I know of one that lost her eye due to being tag teamed by drakes, it's not pleasant to deal with the resulting damages...

Yeah just talked to hubby about it. Going to section off section of main duck house for them. It wont be the nicest of shelters but I'll figure something out. One of my KC didnt show up at dark tonight. I know she was there at 530. Do kc go broody very often. Shes from a local farm not hatchery. I didnt see any signs of going broody but I wasn't home all weekend so I could have missed it. My Muscovy in cement culvert is definitely full on broody. Kinda curious how many eggs she has. The other one in coop is still thinking about it. I haven't had any issues with predictors for half a year so I'm hoping she turns up. Going to go search again. Didnt see any feathers or anything either in yard.

I actually have good news!!! I was thinking for sure with the month I'm having that my kc was gone. Its down pouring out side but I looked again outside and found her back a bit into trails behind house!!!! She got wrapped up in some old grapevine and couldn't get loose. Just far enough I couldn't hear her from yard. There isnt an inch of me that isn't soaking wet but I found her!!!!

I got 17 assorted fertile duck eggs online. From your pictures I can tell Pekin ducks are beautiful, and I hope a few of the ducks hatch into Pekin ducklings.
I think one of them is a Pekin he is yellow, and with all my chickens the yellow ones turned white he is big, playful, imprinted on me, and loves swimming. Does that sound like a Pekin.

I actually have good news!!! I was thinking for sure with the month I'm having that my kc was gone. Its down pouring out side but I looked again outside and found her back a bit into trails behind house!!!! She got wrapped up in some old grapevine and couldn't get loose. Just far enough I couldn't hear her from yard. There isnt an inch of me that isn't soaking wet but I found her!!!!
Fantastic. Kiss her for me.

Back
Top Bottom