The Duck Thread

Sputnik was before my time, but I know what it is. That is some important history! Y'all are cracking me up especially since even though all those shows were before me I watched them on Nick at Night. However we switched from rabbit ears in our house to the digital antenna and it's just as bad, lol! Depending on what channel you want to get depends on where it goes on the entertainment center.

There was a Doris Day television show in the late 60's. Sad to admit that I was already in my 20's by then. When I was just a kid there was Rin Tin Tin, Hopalong Cassidy, Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, Jungle Jim, and most important, Walt Disney shows like The Mickey Mouse Club and the Wonderful World of Color.

My theory is that the Wonderful World of Color, even in black and white, had a lasting affect on many of us and how we feel about the "natural" world around us even today.

Sputnik was before my time, but I know what it is. That is some important history! Y'all are cracking me up especially since even though all those shows were before me I watched them on Nick at Night. However we switched from rabbit ears in our house to the digital antenna and it's just as bad, lol! Depending on what channel you want to get depends on where it goes on the entertainment center.

That's funny. Reminds me of the days when we had to get up to change the channel! But I guess you still do! Lol

Wow I left work and came home to a stroll down memory lane! I was so hoping to answer Family Affair! I loved that one. I didn't see mention of I Dream of Jeannie? Ah those were the days. Lol
And my music choices go way back too. I'm the youngest of 5 kids spanning 9 years, so we watched and listened to it all!
I Dream of Jeannie was a great show.

There was a Doris Day television show in the late 60's. Sad to admit that I was already in my 20's by then. When I was just a kid there was Rin Tin Tin, Hopalong Cassidy, Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, Jungle Jim, and most important, Walt Disney shows like The Mickey Mouse Club and the Wonderful World of Color.

My theory is that the Wonderful World of Color, even in black and white, had a lasting affect on many of us and how we feel about the "natural" world around us even today.
jtn I loved it Sunday nights were so special everyone crowded around the TV with the ears and watched Wonderful world of Disney that was at 7pm then Ed Sullivan came on at 8pm so you and I were in the sand box at the same time just not the same sand box. Lets not forget Tarzan too . Now my kids grew up loving the Godzilla we'd go to drive in movies any body still have one in their town?

That's funny. Reminds me of the days when we had to get up to change the channel! But I guess you still do! Lol
I am about clueless when it comes to the remote i can turn it off and on and change channels but all that other stuff
idunno.gif
but then again I rarely get to hold it dh has it sitting right by his chair.

Back
Top Bottom