The Duck Thread

Hi, I have some questions about ducks. Are they excessively loud? Are there breeds of ducks that are quieter than others? Can they be raised in the city? Thanks!
Muscovies or males only are the way to go if noise is a factor. Mine are not quiet by any means but they aren't excessively loud either. They are louder than chickens but quieter than a rooster. At times they will get really loud, usually if they want something. I live in suburbia and my neighbors don't mind, but they do hear them. I'm allowed 10 fowl per city ordinance.

Well the birds of prey, probably a red tailed hawk or a duck hawk decided my Nibble girl and killed her and injured my Male while we were out at the store. I had the sense to put the baby chicks away since they were so small but had no Idea the birds of prey could even get to my Mallards with all the trees and obstacles in my back yard.
Its a sad sad day :-(
She was my favorite.

Well the birds of prey, probably a red tailed hawk or a duck hawk decided my Nibble girl and killed her and injured my Male while we were out at the store. I had the sense to put the baby chicks away since they were so small but had no Idea the birds of prey could even get to my Mallards with all the trees and obstacles in my back yard.
She was my favorite.

*decided my duck flock would make a great lunch yesterday *

She was my favorite.

Oh I'm so sorry... ((hugs))

Hi, I have some questions about ducks. Are they excessively loud? Are there breeds of ducks that are quieter than others? Can they be raised in the city? Thanks!
Muscovies just hiss. They don't really quack unless you startle them. At least this has been my experience. But, mine fly some, so you would need to have a place they could not go over, or clip their wings.

Back
Top Bottom