The Duck Thread

Here's a possum that my trail cam picked up one night. Ewww luckily it gave up after a few minutes.

How large are the cams themselves? And are they weather proof?

I would confine them for a few day's. Then make a area just for them.. Do you have a dog that won't hurt your duck's? Boy yes I would be on high alert..

I have no dogs and I'm taking a big play house made of wood fixing it up and then makeing a big pen for them to play in with wire roof for the pen and the little house already hase a roof and a door to get in...

How large are the cams themselves? And are they weather proof?

Cameras get smaller every year, as they come out with new models. Mine are about 9" tall, 5-6" wide and about 3" deep I think. And yes they are weatherproof. They drain batteries faster in colder weather though. I've had pictures with snow drifts built up on the camera, just below the lens lol

Cameras get smaller every year, as they come out with new models. Mine are about 9" tall, 5-6" wide and about 3" deep I think. And yes they are weatherproof. They drain batteries faster in colder weather though. I've had pictures with snow drifts built up on the camera, just below the lens lol

Oh, I want one! Problem is I'm very technologically challenged so I probably wouldn't be able to figure out how to operate the thing.
idunno.gif

I'm going to have to look into one. I'm with Debs Flock on this too, technologically challenged!

I'm sorry to tell everyone. Cocktail died.

So sorry about your duckling! You did everything you could.
I have lost 2 ducklings at 3 weeks from eye infections and incubated 9 jersey giant chicken eggs and only one hatched out only to die a week later from a bummed leg. This is all in the last 3 months. We have a small homestead because I can't handle the way animals are treated in mainstream farming and yet when chicks die before a hatch or animals pass away it makes me feel like giving up meat completely. I know it's a part of life but it's a hard to come to terms with sometimes!

Back
Top Bottom