The Duck Thread

All these 'ling pics are so adorable! I can't believe I'm not keeping mine, but I can always hatch more.

I say hatch some more
smile.png

@Ren2014 Have you hobbled your duckling yet? here is some info in case you haven't seen this. https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/poultry-podiatry usually best to get this done asap. Or has it gotten it's legs under it now?

I have not. This is one of the articles I have been reading, thank you. He is doing much better but I'm going to hobble him when my DH gets home. I can not do it by myself. I've got everything ready from band aides, vet rap to steri strips. I'm probably going with the vet wrap.

I have not.  This is one of the articles I have been reading, thank you.  He is doing much better but I'm going to hobble him when my DH gets home.  I can not do it by myself.  I've got everything ready from band aides, vet rap to steri strips.  I'm probably going with the vet wrap.

Niacin would probably be a help too...

Good luck with the little one. I hope you got some sleep:) How are the pippers doing today?
x2! And you too!! How are yours coming along?
I got a nap, lol... pippers are still sitting fine... :)
Third one hatched during the night. I moistened the membrane real well before going to bed and he got out on his own. I'm researching spradle leg now:( He's just not getting his legs up under him like the others or moving about much. One egg is zipping and a 5th has started rocking:fl
That is one adorable little 'ling!!! Congrats!! X2 on Miss Lydia's advice and the niacin, I prefer the vet wrap but band aids are easier for teeny tiny ones... a little bit of nutridrench or poly vi sol gives a nice boost too, sometimes they just need a pick me up, lol...
Aww your baby ducks are so fuzzy cute
Thank you... ;)

Back
Top Bottom