The Duck Thread

Right know I have the incubators outside in front plunged in. I have 1 gallon of water in each of them.1 cup bleach in each of them. I don't usually add alcohol rubbing 70% isopropyl alcohol what else do I need going to fumigate the incubators. It was so bad last time. It's going to take more then bleach and water and sun.

Little giant at temp 188.8 f humidity 88% on read on top. My little extra hydrometer our not in it at moment. Pro series 90 90 it's as far as it goes on settings. Vents closed on both. Their outside for my sons safety he has bad respotory issues. I can not run my nebulizers outside at moment not enough plugs. What else do I do and do I run them like they our tell 5 pm when partner gets home.

There is a thread on it by Blooie called-Mama Heating Pad in the Brooder. I revised mine and used the top of a pet carrier lined with bubble foil insulation.

It works well for chicken chicks, but when I got the ducklings, they were too tall to go under the cave, so I draped a towel over one corner of their box, with the heating pad on the floor. They are doing well with it.

I'll post some pics, but for some reason my computer will only let me post one pic per post!
Thanks for the pics! I am definitely going to look into that heating pad for next spring. It sounds like a better approach than a heat lamp. I thought that heat lamps were the only way and I always wished there was a way for them to cool down if they don't all like the same temperature. I guess this is the answer!

I am inside all the time and everywhere heat lamps inside don't bother me. The ones outside higher up don't bother me. But the one on dog house is there level it bothers me. But still want to help eggs.

6 eggs on one nest 9 eggs on the other nest left outside. None our broken when I went out there to check on them. They like to throw the eggs broken in there pool it drives me crazy. Or lay it at there food bowl. Means I don't want these one. Crazy ducks. The 3 I got as adults. Rescued them. The 5 pekins our my baby's. There still in house.

I need help, one if my ducks (a houdini) was just acting normal then a few minutes later it can barely keep its head off the ground.., it can pick it's head up but not very easily or well. Can anyone give me an idea as to what may have happened?

Last edited:
Does anyone have Rouen Duck mixes???? Id love to see them!

I don't now, but my first two ducks were rouen mixes.

Back
Top Bottom