The EE braggers thread!!!

Long story.... but I let the chickens out (free range) at 6:00 am and then it being a weekend and the kids still sleeping, I fell asleep again until 8:00 am. So they did kill the chickens in the coop but it was wide open like a buffet. The dogs really aren't anyone's per say. The 3 of them spent the night down the road (slept in their garage but were not fed or watered) and then moved on the next day....presumably to our house where they were finally fed a very large chicken dinner. Which makes sense that many of the birds were eaten almost entirely since most well fed dogs kill for sport and leave the bodies lay. One of the 3 dogs has met his maker in the form of our neighbors gun and the other two are still at large or dead, no one has seen them again as far as I know. We live in the country but we are only 8 miles from a couple low income housing areas and town all of which are over populated with "stray" dogs. Most people who live in this area have a shoot on site/sight policy with dogs and so I am actually rather amazed they were not killed down the road. I agree with you, if caught in the act they would have never been hungry again
wink.png

I went through many emotions in the first hour or so and then just decided to dust myself off and start over. We are also in talks of getting a guardian dog for our place. Our corgi is getting up there in years and so is now sleeping in the house more frequently and was never much of a "guard dog" Had those dogs run the horses through the fence it would have been a huge loss for us so it was an eye opener and could have been worse. It is also calving season so the chickens, in a way, took one for the team. Live & learn
old.gif
WOW!! That's alot to take in...you are right, about the chickens taking one for the team! Good luck on finding yourself a good dog, just like a good rooster, they are priceless!! I know what you mean about "drop-offs". If only adults would take care of their pets, so they don't become abandoned. Shoot, what am I saying, many of THOSE adults won't take of themselves or their own.
Glad your kids didn't get hurt or caught up in the middle of that, your horses too!
Take care of yourself and let us know if you get more chickies...and glad your other chicken (Light Brahma, I think) made it.

Last edited:
Here are some pics of my EEsXBuff Brahma

The first one is my favorite, it is so fluffy. The bottom one got the name toes, because it is very interested in the other chicks toes and likes to peck them until it realizes that they are attached to another chick lol.

Has anyone here gotten their EE's from Cackle? Do you have pics? I have ordered from them before and liked the birds I received but have never gotten EE's from them. I ordered 5 as part of my "fresh start" birds and am hoping for some pretty ladies.

They are all precious. What was the mix? I am just curious about the black one in the first pic since solid colors seem to be less common.
The mom is a NN x houdan (hooda) and the dad I think is Oreo my EE or maybe Little Man my araucana roo. Her mom is solid black but carries mottled, but I have no male that carries mottled.

One of these two dads (I think)

Definate on the mom, it is her.

Has anyone here gotten their EE's from Cackle? Do you have pics?  I have ordered from them before and liked the birds I received but have never gotten EE's from them.  I ordered 5 as part of my "fresh start" birds and am hoping for some pretty ladies.

All of my EE's are from crackle, I'll see if I can get some pics for you when I'm not on my phone.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom