The EE braggers thread!!!

Plus as long as they aren't a recognized breed we can cross them with anything with out any guilt. I'm going to try for a blue laying SFH type bird just for fun.
goodpost.gif
. Sounds like a project that is going to throw some beautiful birds.

Agreed. It would never happen. I don't think half of the people who have EEs would want to do that anyways. The excitment and fun with EEs is their variety. What are they going to feather out like? what color egg are they going to lay?
That is so true! I love trying to figure out adult coloring from chick coloring. Hmmm........... I don't think I have ever gotten it right though!
lau.gif
I have two that I am growing out now that started out as dark chocolate colored chicks and they are now both feathering in mostly white with brown flecking!

That is so true! I love trying to figure out adult coloring from chick coloring. Hmmm........... I don't think I have ever gotten it right though!
lau.gif
I have two that I am growing out now that started out as dark chocolate colored chicks and they are now both feathering in mostly white with brown flecking!
I never try and guess egg color, but sometimes feather color. The only ones I ever get right are the pure white ones lol

EEs are mutts and could be a mix of any 2 or more breeds as long as one parent carries the colored egg gene. There would be know way to get this variety of chicken approved as a recognized breed. I have 6 EEs and they were all created using very different breeds.

Agreed. It would never happen. I don't think half of the people who have EEs would want to do that anyways. The excitment and fun with EEs is their variety. What are they going to feather out like? what color egg are they going to lay?

Plus as long as they aren't a recognized breed we can cross them with anything with out any guilt. I'm going to try for a blue laying SFH type bird just for fun.

goodpost.gif
. Sounds like a project that is going to throw some beautiful birds.

lau.gif

I never try and guess egg color, but sometimes feather color. The only ones I ever get right are the pure white ones lol
True. I am going to post some pics of my EE chicks. I hoping one will be a roo. Still to young to tell anything yet.

Do EEs have certain colors?
Like I've heard of partridge, silver partridge, etc.

These are my girls (10 weeks)

Pearl

"Little Hawk"

They're hatchery girls, but maybe any guesses on what they could have been crossed with?

Last edited:
Do EEs have certain colors?
Like I've heard of partridge, silver partridge, etc.

These are my girls (10 weeks)

Pearl

"Little Hawk"

They're hatchery girls, but maybe any guesses on what they could have been crossed with?

The elusive black and white female EE from a hatchery, several would probably like to know which hatchery.

My blue EE pullet. She is looking so grown up! She was one of the only birds to venture out into the snow. The 5 inches of snow had a thick crust of ice over the top, so the birds (even the big tom turkeys!) could walk across the top without breaking through.
looks like a blue ameraucana
Do EEs have certain colors? Like I've heard of partridge, silver partridge, etc. These are my girls (10 weeks) Pearl "Little Hawk" They're hatchery girls, but maybe any guesses on what they could have been crossed with?
i love these ones. Id like sone too. They look allot like silvers

My lady's started to lay egg's this week not every day but a soft-shell
several days ago and another one this morning and they are only 15
weeks old still a little young yet but well fed with turkey grow & corn ..
smile.png

Photo at 12 weeks
ya.gif

Photo at 13 weeks, yes I need a new photo
D.gif

gander007
old.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom