The EE braggers thread!!!

The elusive black and white female EE from a hatchery, several would probably like to know which hatchery.
Meyers Hatchery in Ohio.
smile.png

I don't have a lot of experience with them.
This is my first set of birds, and I just HAD to have chicks..in January. Post was delayed by a storm.
I lost 9 out of my 15 within 48 hrs. These were my only 2 EE girls left.
They had great customer service though...'m sure it's not a problem in the summer
My roo was also black and white, with some red.

Meyers Hatchery in Ohio.
smile.png

I don't have a lot of experience with them.
This is my first set of birds, and I just HAD to have chicks..in January. Post was delayed by a storm.
I lost 9 out of my 15 within 48 hrs. These were my only 2 EE girls left.
They had great customer service though...'m sure it's not a problem in the summer
My roo was also black and white, with some red.

My EE came from Meyers too, but I didn't get any b/w females at all. All mine arrived safely (one died in transit and one the first day) but they had sent a few extra so I had all I bought. Healthy, happy, pretty birds that all laid colored eggs.

If I were going to order from a hatchery again, I would definitely order from them.

My lady's started to lay egg's this week not every day but a soft-shell
several days ago and another one this morning and they are only 15
weeks old still a little young yet but well fed with turkey grow & corn ..
smile.png

Photo at 12 weeks
ya.gif

Photo at 13 weeks, yes I need a new photo
D.gif

gander007
old.gif
Eggs at 15 weeks?
That's pretty rare isn't it?

My EE came from Meyers too, but I didn't get any b/w females at all. All mine arrived safely (one died in transit and one the first day) but they had sent a few extra so I had all I bought. Healthy, happy, pretty birds that all laid colored eggs.

If I were going to order from a hatchery again, I would definitely order from them.
Glad to know my experience wasn't the norm!
They were so nice, I wanted to be able to give them more business.
I didn't have any extras, but I hadn't wanted a ton to begin with. And out of my 6 that were left, only was a 1 cockerel, so I can't complain!
And my remaining birds have been healthy and friendly. I'm very happy with them.

My babies have been outside for a week now. I so miss hearing all their little peeps in the house. Any thoughts on gender?

Edit - These pics are horrible! I didn't notice until they were up loaded from my phone - I'll have to get better ones!

I think the dark ones a roo...

They all have greenish legs. I can't wait to get some eggs. I just hope there are some hens. This is my second batch of spring chicks. The last one was ALL males. :(

Last edited:
My babies have been outside for a week now. I so miss hearing all their little peeps in the house. Any thoughts on gender?

Edit - These pics are horrible! I didn't notice until they were up loaded from my phone - I'll have to get better ones!

I think the dark ones a roo...

They all have greenish legs. I can't wait to get some eggs. I just hope there are some hens. This is my second batch of spring chicks. The last one was ALL males.
sad.png
The dark one looks like a male to me. The white one looks like a pullet and I am not sure about the one in between.

Back
Top Bottom