The EE braggers thread!!!

Ok I am still unsure of the sex of this EE. I was told girl when I got it as a chick, then I was told boy about a month ago. Now I'm back to not knowing. It is 14 weeks old is not crowing or even attempting to crow. It makes clucking sounds and peeps. "He" was supposed to go to a new home this weekend but that has been postponed. I need to know if girl or boy before being rehomed. I will keep if its a girl.

Houston we have lift off! Lol, we got our first EE egg yesterday, I don't have a pic as it was soft shelled and on the coop floor broken up....but it is a start. Unsure who's it is, but my guess is Little One. Things are picking up in the egg department in general and we have gotten 5 eggs so far today. Funny they are all laying in the same nest box!

From left to right the hens that laid - Pepper our lead egg layer - BR, RIR, Delaware, Dark Cornish and the last is another Delaware.

Last edited:
Ok I am still unsure of the sex of this EE. I was told girl when I got it as a chick, then I was told boy about a month ago. Now I'm back to not knowing. It is 14 weeks old is not crowing or even attempting to crow. It makes clucking sounds and peeps. "He" was supposed to go to a new home this weekend but that has been postponed. I need to know if girl or boy before being rehomed. I will keep if its a girl.

Looks like a pullet to me

Hen!

I would live it if it's a girl. She is our favorite. My 25 week barred rock hens don't like it much yet. I thought it was because of it being a boy but it would make more sense for them to not like it because of it being female. They tolerate each other in the yard but not if cooped together.

Looks pretty pullety to me at this point - I say just hold on to "it" until you see an egg or hear a crow, then re-home if necessary.
that's my plan as of right now. :) I had a dream last week the we gave him away and then later found out he was a girl. I was so sad. And the man wouldn't give her back to me.

Blue egg alert

Hello, so we got our first EE eggs, depending on the lighting it it light blue or almost a greenish tint. Here is a shot of it,it was 40 grams, unsure of who is the first EE that laid. I am trying to be a detective to figure out which out if our 23 hens is laying which eggs and which ones are laying or not. You can see how large it is compared to the eggs that were all collected yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom