The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:
Oh yes that is the fun part about watching them grow up and the color changes they go through ,,,,,, and it sounds like you are really enjoying your time with them
smile.png

Oh yes that is the fun part about watching them grow up and the color changes  they go through ,,,,,, and it sounds like you are really enjoying your time with them :)

I am loving having chickens and learning a lot as I go. I love being connected to our food source and knowing exactly how they were treated and what they were fed. Sadly we lost a cute EE hen to a coon this year, she had a unique and beautiful feathering/coloring. I guess that is all part of being a chicken keeper. In a matter of a week I was initiated a true chicken keeper. We processed two roo's, two days later we got our first egg and a day after that we lost Honey to a coon. So I have almost come full circle, next will be hatching/incubating next spring. Should get interesting with the EE being bred to BO roos, it will be fun to watch and see what types of mixes we get. We have 23 hens and two BO Roos. We have a mixed flock of Delaware's, EE, Barred Rocks, RIR, Welsummer's and Dark Cornish.

Right after I got my gorgeous new roo is when it was time to stop hatching for the season! :( Its KILLING me! I sooo wanna see his babies!
oh, maybe next year. I am looking forward to that process.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom