The EE braggers thread!!!

I think Umber is a cockerel, but to be sure you have to wait it out----sometimes (not often, but...) the small side rows on the comb may subside as the chick grows. Give it more time.

Thank you lauriruth and rhs7111! I am crossing my fingers for lauriruths prediction (and rhs7111 now I will be watching those rows on Umbers comb hopeful that the side rows subside against the odds)! Will letcha both know how it all comes out. At what age will I likely know for sure in an EE?

laughingull, how old are they now? at 5 wks. my EE roo was trying to crow. sounded like someone was strangling him. at 6 wks. he sang his first real crow...only 2 syllables but no doubt about it being a crow! at six wks. his comb was much redder/larger and 3 DEFINITE rows of peas....his stance was taller and prouder....he turned from a little black chickie to a white roo with black neck feathers...then, there was a rust color bleed through on his wings...boo. he was a sweetheart and i had to rehome him....
hit.gif

Quote:
I like them both, but Roo # 2 catches my eye. Both are just gorgeous! Wish I could take them!
love.gif

~ Aspen

Wish you could too! I haven't found anyone local interested and the clock is ticking
sad.png

Ugh, hope they find a good home with lotza ladies!
thumbsup.gif
smile.png

~ Aspen

Quote:
Oh- I hope if either of mine are roos that at least they are sweet so maybe I can keep them. I think they are between 3-4 weeks old- ish. (I have had them for 3 weeks now)

Quote:
Oh- I hope if either of mine are roos that at least they are sweet so maybe I can keep them. I think they are between 3-4 weeks old- ish. (I have had them for 3 weeks now)

I have an unplanned boy, I ordered sexed chicks and Oreo snuck by. Ours are hatchery and Oreo is a perfect gentlemen w/ his girls and us, and beautiful (I guess handsome) to boot. He does crow, but my neighbors are all okay w/ it.

Quote:

I have an unplanned boy, I ordered sexed chicks and Oreo snuck by. Ours are hatchery and Oreo is a perfect gentlemen w/ his girls and us, and beautiful (I guess handsome) to boot. He does crow, but my neighbors are all okay w/ it.

We have feral peacocks that call all night in my neighborhood, hopefully a roo wouldn't be too much worse. One of my neighbors has a silkie roo but he is pretty quiet- I have only heard him a few times. But my coop isn't all that big and I don't want to have to battle a roo to get the eggs so hopefully no roo, or only 1 VERY sweet roo (again fingers crossed for hens).

Quote:
I did have one go broody at 5 months old, but didn't let her set then, I wasn't ready for more chickens. I will eventually let one be broody though in the next year or so. I will need a plan for the boys though since I don't want more then one.

Snapped a new pic of Cadbury, our EE today..still hoping she stays a she :eek:) Loving the white feathers and waiting for more changes to come
pop.gif

88804_024.jpg
Last week

88804_018.jpg
This week

88804_011.jpg

So far she is the most friendly of our chicks, although all of them are eating out of our hand and stand on our hands to eat. Cute:love

Back
Top Bottom