The EE braggers thread!!!

Also, the EE is not a breed. They are a mix. EEs will not breed true....in other words, their offspring will usually not look like them. EEs are really very wonderful chickens as they are always a surprise as how they will feather out...the egg color you get will be a surprise and they are great layers! Mine lay almost every day....they make take a day off every 10th day or so. They are one of my favorite birds, too.
As far as we're concerned on this thread they are a breed. There are way too many people calling these off the wall names that really urks me. They are as pure bred as you make them.

Quote:

Don't know about yours but mine always look like one parent or the other. Sometimes a color (as in blue) may be a little litter or darker or in different places, but I can tell you which hen is the mother of what chick. Even with the pen with 10 or so hens in them. They all develope (pullets) and act in the same manner as the mother.

Last edited:
My new (and first) 8 week old EE

As far as we're concerned on this thread they are a breed. There are way too many people calling these off the wall names that really urks me. They are as pure bred as you make them.

Don't know about yours but mine always look like one parent or the other. Sometimes a color (as in blue) may be a little litter or darker or in different places, but I can tell you which hen is the mother of what chick. Even with the pen with 10 or so hens in them. They all develope (pullets) and act in the same manner as the mother.
Sorry, but they are not a breed as is defined by all chicken books. I prefer EEs over other chickens because they are not breeds and will have offspring that are different from generation to generation. Just wanted to clarify that for the lady who asked about the difference between Ameraucanas and EEs. So don't get so offensive. I'm on your side!

Sorry, but they are not a breed as is defined by all chicken books. I prefer EEs over other chickens because they are not breeds and will have offspring that are different from generation to generation. Just wanted to clarify that for the lady who asked about the difference between Ameraucanas and EEs. So don't get so offensive. I'm on your side!
thumbsup.gif

I really hope not. She's suppose to be a vent sexed pullet from a local breeder :-/. Thankfully she has a rooster policy, but this one doesn't act like a little roo at all.
My first thought was rooster, too. Here was mine at that age....
1. Roos are slower to feather around the wings and neck
2. Stance
3. Thick legs

My first thought was rooster, too. Here was mine at that age.... 1. Roos are slower to feather around the wings and neck 2. Stance 3. Thick legs
Well poo. I really hope not. All the EE she had for me were missing feathers. This one is missing them down the back and on the breast area. I will take some more pictures in a bit and post to here. :( I don't want it to be a roo :( although......if it is....I could get rid of my mutt roo and get another pullet from her.

Well poo. I really hope not. All the EE she had for me were missing feathers. This one is missing them down the back and on the breast area. I will take some more pictures in a bit and post to here.
sad.png
I don't want it to be a roo
sad.png
although......if it is....I could get rid of my mutt roo and get another pullet from her.
lau.gif
I see your fluent in Chicken Math
wink.png

Now I am total confused, lol Bought mine at feed store Americana's was on the name tag when I bought them she lay blue eggs. A friend gave me 3 hens & they will lay blue & pink eggs so I'm guessing they or EE. Really it doesn't matter I love them. My Rooster Cogburn is an Americana

Back
Top Bottom