The EE braggers thread!!!

Hello everyone, I am new here and have a question. I bought a rooster today from my local farm supply store. They had some fully grown hens and roosters they were using for egg for their incubator. The guy said this rooster was an "Aracauna" rooster. I figure probably not, but what do you all think? I think he is kinda pretty and he definitely did not like being in with the much larger roosters they had. Anyway here is a pic of him.

Hello everyone, I am new here and have a question. I bought a rooster today from my local farm supply store. They had some fully grown hens and roosters they were using for egg for their incubator. The guy said this rooster was an "Aracauna" rooster. I figure probably not, but what do you all think? I think he is kinda pretty and he definitely did not like being in with the much larger roosters they had. Anyway here is a pic of him.

We need to see a better picture of his tail. From what I can see he looks like he has one and looks a lot like a Blue Wheaton Americauna. My guess would be that he is was some ones project bird and didn't meet the standard so he was culled. Very beautiful guy no matter what. The is a New Americauna thread check it out and ask thee experts over there. They are nice...

Awesome, thanks. I think he is quite different and handsome and yes he does have a tail, although it is a little strange looking. Will go over to that thread and see if anyone has any ideas.

I know, sad little tail. He was in with larger birds (3 times as big as him, they were huge!) so not sure if they were picking on him and that is why his tail looks like that or if it just looks like that.
smile.png

Remember that an Auracauna is rumpless, meaning that it even lacks the final vertabrae that the tail portion sprouts from. It's not an Auracauna, but I would call that a very beautiful EE, at the least. Looks like an Ameracauna, to me, tho it might not meat the SoP. I am NOT a judge, nor that experienced with Amies. I have been told that some of mine meat SoP, while some would be culls, due to color inconsistencies. He looks to be a great match-up for my Olive-Eggers girls who are golden/blue faid, like that. (Sadly, my number one Hen of that coloring is dying, I'm afraid) I'd buy him, in a heartbeat! THAT is a beautiful bird.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom