The EE braggers thread!!!

I love the fact that my husband is such an enabler!! He suggested that I let my broody hen, Snowflake, sit on some EE eggs... she's now in the basement in a space all her own, with her nest full of eggs. She's a happy camper now!!!

woot.gif
I can join (hopefully)!!! Almost two weeks ago, I picked up two EE's from my feed store! Their names are Pippy and Hazel. Pippy has a very strong personality, and Hazel is calm, but sometimes gets a bit excited. I love 'em already! :D

woot.gif
Congrats to you. We would loooove to see some pics of them!

It's awesome I found this thread... Out of around 170-200 birds, we have about 20 EEs. We have some eggs on the incubator and 3 of them are EEs.

Quote:
Ooohh. Interesting. I was wondering about that because I noticed all the pretty EEs had white earlobes too. Leghorns have red, I believe. The splash ones are very pretty.

As for keeping the blue egg color in future generations, if you can't use a pure Ameraucana as suggested, make sure you keep any brown egg genes out of the lineage unless you want green eggs.

Leghorns have white earlobes too. But I am thinking that the black birds are from the Andalusian too. They could be like black Analusians with some other colors showing through from underneath. Also, those white birds might not be splash. They could be white from the white leghorn with other colors bleeding through. It's really hard to say from sure though, haha.

Leghorns have white earlobes too. But I am thinking that the black birds are from the Andalusian too. They could be like black Analusians with some other colors showing through from underneath. Also, those white birds might not be splash. They could be white from the white leghorn with other colors bleeding through. It's really hard to say from sure though, haha.

Are you guys talking 'bout EEs with white earlobes?

I have a question, hope you don't mind, but do anybody's EE's lay pink eggs? I've heard that they have, and it advertises it in hatchery's, but does anyone's here lay pink eggs?

Back
Top Bottom