The EE braggers thread!!!

My EE thinks that my older chick is her mommy :) They stick together.

This is my newest EE keeper, she (at least I'm thinking it's a she...) is half blue wheaten ameraucana and half EE. I hatched out a bunch of chicks, and sold most of them but randomly picked this one to keep. She is very pretty and is very sweet.

This is my newest EE keeper, she (at least I'm thinking it's a she...) is half blue wheaten ameraucana and half EE. I hatched out a bunch of chicks, and sold most of them but randomly picked this one to keep. She is very pretty and is very sweet.
Pretty Coloring....no Puffy Cheeks?? Nice pick for a keeper tho~

She's still feathering in, she should definitely grow a beard and muff soon :) She's just shy of 5 weeks old.

Yeah, I see downy cheeks. I love when the face feathers come in! They can really surprise you with the color. One of my hens has this huge, gray beard and it cracks me up because she looks like an old man. The only other place she's gray is her fluffy backside and her cheeks were beige as a chick so I really wasn't expecting it.

Can't see the comb very well, but looks like a pullet.

Looks like a cockerel comb

with pullet coloring?
idunno.gif

Can't see this one well,

Big comb? cockerel?

Cockerel patches

and comb.

Hi folks! I was just stopping in to share some pictures of my EE hatch from the 24/25 March. I have 8 right now, though 4 are not pictured as they're just plain black. I think I have a total of 3 females and 5 males. Each of the "interesting" colored chicks is pictured twice above. I think the first two are females and the second two are males. The two I think are females are two of the three largest in the hatch (the first male is also in that group). I believe they are out of my EE that is half Jersey Giant. The first chick pictured had a mix of black and reddish-brown down, with the ruddy stuff making a stripe down the back and some markings on the head (which you can still see a little). The second and third chicks were completely reddish-brown at hatch and you can still see a lot of the down color on the one I think is a cockerel. The last chick was chipmunk-striped and from my Silver Ameraucana hen. The father of all these chicks is my white EE.

Very cute little ones! The second looks like its comb is wide and is starting to develop the 3 ridges that my roo did at this age. You will know if it starts turning pink in a week or so. Except for the last guy, I'm just guessing, of course. Hope you can update in week or so to see how they turn out!

Hi Wishing4Wings, The presumed mother of the first three has a rather large comb as she's an EE/Jersey Giant mix. For the longest time, I thought she was a cockerel because she was so big and her comb was so red (see picture below) so she spent her first 4 months in the cockerel grow-out pen, AKA the slaughter pen. I guess it was just the giant genes! I'll definitely keep taking pictures of them as they mature so I can see if they turn out the way I think they will (3 females, 5 males- only what I think are 2 females and 2 males are shared in my photographs).

Back
Top Bottom