The EE braggers thread!!!

Anyone wanna guess if this could be a roo?
Comb is darker then her 2 litter mates black

one is in question

Here is a method that I use on aggressive roosters.I take a pair of yellow chore gloves and flog the offender into submission.The cloth gloves do no harm but it is similar to what roosters do to each other to establish the pecking order.

I waterboard them, hose w/ the spray nozzle on jet aimed for the head until they run out of range, inspires great fear and respect to me and gives me a wide berth, when they start getting a little to close again, another water boading, this saved my husbands favorite roo's life. Whenever I would try any form of physical confronting, hitting w/ any number of at hand items it always made them fight back a few times to the point I thought I killed him, but he doesn't fight back w/ waterboarding, ever.

My young group of chicks has several that are coloring up black and white, so time will tell if any are females. That last one I had did turn out to be female, but she had failure to thrive, so was culled.

My young group of chicks has several that are coloring up black and white, so time will tell if any are females.  That last one I had did turn out to be female, but she had failure to thrive, so was culled.

I'm curious, the black and white coloring?? It usually means roos?? I have 2 pullets with black and white, Oreo does have some brown coming in, but Cookie is black and white. I love their coloring and would like to duplicate it!

I'm curious, the black and white coloring?? It usually means roos?? I have 2 pullets with black and white, Oreo does have some brown coming in, but Cookie is black and white. I love their coloring and would like to duplicate it!

Yes, usually but not always like w/ your girls, but I do not know how to duplicate it

Handling/cuddling/"taming" roosters as chicks can backfire (they can be the sweetest chicks of the lot) but most often leads to aggressive adult roos when they hit breeding age, constantly trying to be top dog (well, Roo lol). Not all, but many so keep and eye on them hand make sure they know You are the boss from the beginning so when they do hit that big hormonal stage you are already in charge and won't be challenged (roo's still may challenge strangers or kids when you are not in sight).
I have tried to handle this one more than the others. It wimps out and calms down when it is caught. With two young boys who will be learning and helping with chores here, I will have no tollerence for a mean rooster or pullet. I know my dh will definitely agree, as he has bad memories of RIR roo attacking him as a child. We will wait and see, but this one may have a career change in it's future.

I have 4 that have the black and white coloring. 2 are girls and 2 are boys. I can tell you that dad was a hatchery buff silkie and mom is one of two EE's that we have. One EE is more of the multi brown coloring and the other EE is more gray and brown. That's the one I think is the mom. I will get pictures today and post them. It's funny because the two boys have straight combs and the girls have the pea combs.

Back
Top Bottom