The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:Originally Posted by aoxa Idk about green; i'll go home and try it now! But i do know that my pink layer (that was supposed to be impossible) was pink under the membrane too, no white. Not cream, i had another one that laid that. PINK! But my green ones being crossed with blues....... prob blue on the inside. My eggers are laying a greyish colored egg that is really neither blue nor green, reminds me of the sea. Only one blue layer and she isn't laying right now.

Oh, and does the incomplete lacing gene show if both parents carry it? Whatever it is it's beautiful in person! Much thicker than a usual lacing, definitely not spangling because it's only one color. It seems to show sometimes after the first molt.

Last edited:
They look like girls to me, Shirley is classic girl color/pattern Betty I can't see to well, but she still looks like a girl.

I agree. Second one colouring is different for a girl, but at 3.5 months, that is a girl based on comb alone.

I'd like to see some profile pictures of her.

I agree with both of these.

They both look like pullets to me. The first one has the classic pattern for girls EEs. The second one looks like a girl though her coloring is not typical for a girl. She looks as though she has some darker red coming in on her shoulders(which is typical for a boy) But her comb says girl. Id like to see more pics also.

Last edited:
I cant remember what the inside of my green eggs look like, my blue eggs are the same through. The olny pic I have taken recently is of my olive eggs, they are light blue inside.

My olive eggs are light blue inside also. My one brown egg layer is pale pink inside. Was reading the other day that the depth of color the blue eggs can be affected by the consumption of carotiniods. That is what gives the orange in sweet potatoes and carrots. Funny that Orange and Blue are opposite on the color wheel but the chicken uses the orange to produce blue.

My olive eggs are light blue inside also. My one brown egg layer is pale pink inside. Was reading the other day that the depth of color the blue eggs can be affected by the consumption of carotiniods. That is what gives the orange in sweet potatoes and carrots. Funny that Orange and Blue are opposite on the color wheel but the chicken uses the orange to produce blue.

That is very interesting info.

I love olive eggs, and the 2 different colors inside and out are great!

Ok so after 7 months and 10 days ,I finally had yesterday my very first green egg and today my second !!!
I am really excited since green/blue eggs are something new to me ,and rare to find at someones coop at Greece.

top row from left to right BSL egg ,mutt lf chicken egg ,mutt bantam egg
second row from left to right 1st ee egg ,2nd ee egg ,mutt bantam egg

The hens that laid them are the ones I hatched and mention at this thread https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/777630/comp-egg-color-genetics-and-other-questions#post_11125541
From those 10 eggs 9 chicks hatched
4 single combed
1 clean faced featherleged roo
1 bearded roo
1 clean faced hen
1 bearded hen

5 peacombed
1 clean faced roo
1 clean faced hen
2 bearded hens
1 bearded hen with barely visible leg feathers

I will post photos from the chickens too ,in due time. How would you call the color of those 2 eggs ? Just green ,mint green or somewhat else ?

Ok so after 7 months and 10 days ,I finally had yesterday my very first green egg and today my second !!!
I am really excited since green/blue eggs are something new to me ,and rare to find at someones coop at Greece.

top row from left to right BSL egg ,mutt lf chicken egg ,mutt bantam egg
second row from left to right 1st ee egg ,2nd ee egg ,mutt bantam egg

The hens that laid them are the ones I hatched and mention at this thread https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/777630/comp-egg-color-genetics-and-other-questions#post_11125541
From those 10 eggs 9 chicks hatched
4 single combed
1 clean faced featherleged roo
1 bearded roo
1 clean faced hen
1 bearded hen

5 peacombed
1 clean faced roo
1 clean faced hen
2 bearded hens
1 bearded hen with barely visible leg feathers

I will post photos from the chickens too ,in due time. How would you call the color of those 2 eggs ? Just green ,mint green or somewhat else ?

I love your eggs. Great color!

Oh and I for some reason always feel the need to point this out lol
hide.gif
your storing your eggs upside down. Eggs are best stored pointy side down.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom