The EE braggers thread!!!

My newest baby EEs!
I love that black and red one!

We'll it seems the mystery is solved. He's a boy. I wonder if he will have the same colors as yours.
It may not be for sure yet!
I could tell for sure by 4 weeks.
I know..the roo was originally "Posie", and my daughter's favorite.
We can't keep him either (city ordinance). He's going to a new home with lots o' ladies, this weekend
smile.png

His feathers are still developing obviously, but he's got some white, Mahogany, and greenish black on him.
I think it'll be very handsome once he grows into it lol

Hi All,

I am floating around on a few of the forums, have a question and thought it be best answered here.

So, when is an EE and EE mix since EE's are mixes?

I ask because I crossed my EE (Americana's from FF) with my EE "mix" roosters - and just wondered what to call the chicks when they hopefully hatch in a week. I'm still thinking EEs, all will be out of blue or green eggs.

Thanks!

An Easter Egger is an Easter egger. They are not pure, they are all mixes of something whether its 2 breeds to make the cross or 3 or 4, typical any cross breed that lays a colored egg is dubbed an EE. Im not sure at what point we stop calling them and EE. I know I have one pullet that lays cream eggs though she hatched out of a green egg that her mother laid, her mother looks nothing like and EE and she looks nothing like an EE so I don't call her an EE. Even though the mother lays green eggs I don't call her an EE either. I also have 2 other green egg layers that I don't refer to as EEs. I guess its all a matter of ones opinion.

Im not sure if I made sense lol.

I also have an olive egger that lays pink eggs, go figure lol. I call her my so called Olive Egger.

Hi All,

I am floating around on a few of the forums, have a question and thought it be best answered here.

So, when is an EE and EE mix since EE's are mixes?

I ask because I crossed my EE (Americana's from FF) with my EE "mix" roosters - and just wondered what to call the chicks when they hopefully hatch in a week. I'm still thinking EEs, all will be out of blue or green eggs.

Thanks!

Because you crossed an EE to an EE I would call the chicks EEs.

I call mine EE. They father is a pure bred ameraucana. His offspring all took after their mothers in body shape. The pullets have color like their mothers but lighter

mine? I have 3 with interesting colors the other ones are regular looking EEs. i'll be uploading the progress of those 3 EEs here

I'd love to see anyone and everyone's chick-adult pics. I love EE's and I'm curious about the colors of the chicks and how they turn out when they have matured :)

Thanks! One of me EE hens is white with green legs, but she sure reminds me of a leghorn x :) And another is golden. The others are the "partridge" look (I think that's what you call it). The hens from the EE mix chicks I have are banty types, two are laying blue eggs. The roos are from the hatch and each have different characteristics. Can't wait to see my chicks in a week, hopefully most will hatch :)

Back
Top Bottom