The EE braggers thread!!!

My EE hens eggs have finally almost finished hatching! There is only 1 more egg to go and I think it will be out in the next 4 hours as it has been pipping for quite a while now!!!

This is when she just had one chick and I brought her into the house because it gets very cold here in the mornings!

I then moved her to a different box!

Now she has 8 chicks and one egg! All of the chicks are soo cute!

Here is a pic of the chicks and the egg!!

One of her chicks has a beard/muffs or whatever you call them and it looks soo adorable!!! I say " Like mother like Chick"
So out of 11 9 eggs hatched! One died while it was trying to pip and the other was a quitter!

Alright good show and turn out !!!!!!!!
jumpy.gif

I guess some chickens are just bad mothers. But it's our fault they're turning out like this. All of our chicks are being hatched out by incubators and making chickens loose their maternal instincts such as going broody and rearing the young. Even the chicks are confused, they imprint on mom as soon as they hatch but your chicks are incubator babies. The first thing they saw was a hatchery employee tossing them around.

That certainly makes sense. I know I'm not an ideal chicken mommy - I don't spend hours scratching and pecking, digging up juicy bugs or share my down comforter at night. Don't get me wrong, I have my work arounds - meal times, mealworms and a heat lamp and I love being the best chicken mom I can be, but I know there are things I just don't know about being a flock / prey animal.

So yesterday the hen had to chase the chicks around the 6x6 coop and corner them to get them under her. Today they are listening and actually taking themselves under. I spent yesterday repeatedly grabbing them and showing them how to go under. They would stay and nap once in the warmth.

It's so sad when chicks don't know what to do with a mama.

So yesterday the hen had to chase the chicks around the 6x6 coop and corner them to get them under her. Today they are listening and actually taking themselves under. I spent yesterday repeatedly grabbing them and showing them how to go under. They would stay and nap once in the warmth.

Really, it sounds like a lot of the kids I see in Wal-Mart ....

Really, it sounds like a lot of the kids I see in Wal-Mart ....

LMAO!

Quote:

Quote: LMAO!

Oh now some one tell me you haven't seen this before at one of the big stores please someone
lau.gif

My mom terrorizes the kids who just run wild in the stores. She's the master of embarrassing them. She says the quickest way to get them to stop destroying things and stealing is to walk right up to them and in a very loud demanding voice keep asking "where's your mother?" And when the kid runs off to hide from the crazy lady behind their mom, she has followed and loudly berates the parent or grandparent on what their kid has done and what is the parent going to do to fix it because everyone wants to know.

She draws large crowds. So it becomes a very embarrassing spectacle for the parents as well.

Back
Top Bottom