The EE braggers thread!!!

kenzier, I can't believe how much your EE roo looks like mine!
I had a rooster like this. He was half Easter Egger and half Naked Neck. I told everyone that he was a Blue-Tailed Red. Didn't use him very long because he was kin to so many if my hens. Breed him to a cousin that was half Polish and half Easter Egger. Git two babies off them 1 pullet that turned out to be a paint and 1 cockerel that was a wheatenish color. The pullet was crested and the cockerel not crested.

OK this thread is pretty long so if this question has been asked I apologize up front! So I have only had chickens for around 3 years all I have ever had was production reds. A friend had a friend with 2 month old chicks for sale, I was told she had Ameraucanas and Jersey Giants ,two breeds I would love to have. Come to find out most of her chicks are all mixed. Well I was told at least one was Ameraucana and one giant out of 5! When the tuffed one started to grow a large spike comb I did some digging. Ok I have an EE, I am ok with that have been looking so hard for that first green egg! Well today she layed her first and to my surprise its super light tan, maybe pink. Now dose this mean that will be the color of her eggs or will it mix up much!
hide.gif

the good news the black one on the right is 2 months younger , think for sure she's a GIANT. The red ones are 3 years old. Well thanks for any input,
She looks to be an EE/Dorking cross. Her eggs will be that color they won't change.

I had a rooster like this. He was half Easter Egger and half Naked Neck.
I told everyone that he was a Blue-Tailed Red. Didn't use him very long because he was kin to so many if my hens. Breed him to a cousin that was half Polish and half Easter Egger. Git two babies off them 1 pullet that turned out to be a paint and 1 cockerel that was a wheatenish color. The pullet was crested and the cockerel not crested.

Yeah, I love that coloration! Next spring I might breed him to my 2 EE girls. They're becoming my favorite breed!

Has anyone else found that their EEs settled down once they started laying? My most skittish girl (she would burst into flight in the run whenever I would try to catch her) lets me pick her up now. And she is more curious/attentive. When I open the coop door she hops down from the top roost to the bottom roost to be closer to me and lets me pet her and pick her up. She has only tamed down since she started laying.

Has anyone else found that their EEs settled down once they started laying? My most skittish girl (she would burst into flight in the run whenever I would try to catch her) lets me pick her up now. And she is more curious/attentive. When I open the coop door she hops down from the top roost to the bottom roost to be closer to me and lets me pet her and pick her up. She has only tamed down since she started laying.
Emm..I don't know as I have had all my EE's since chicks so they have been pretty much tame the whole time through!!

Has anyone else found that their EEs settled down once they started laying?  My most skittish girl (she would burst into flight in the run whenever I would try to catch her) lets me pick her up now.  And she is more curious/attentive.  When I open the coop door she hops down from the top roost to the bottom roost to be closer to me and lets me pet her and pick her up.  She has only tamed down since she started laying.
Yes, they get more friendly when they start laying, for the most part. The two that are the most shy out of our EE will now pose for pictures, instead of running from me. Now catching and holding them is still scary for them, something I am working on when I can.

Back
Top Bottom