The EE braggers thread!!!

Thanks for the response jerryse! I was kinda thinking the same thing. Guess I'll just keep it separated from everyone until I can figure it out. It's dad had similar coloring at that age although he was (and still is) quite loving. Today the little bugger pecked me till I bled! Not used to angry birds
sad.png

Pictures of dad and possible mothers would help confirm my hunch .

Two things I've noticed is black and white are usually male. The "splotchy" colors are usually male, especially paired with a mahogany/rusty red color on the shoulder area. Pullets usually maintain a uniform "wild" pattern and have more subtle tones of brown, grey and buff.
I have a hen that is splotchy black on white. I dont know about your bird but Id like to give you hope by showing you my gal:

The hen's name is Persephone - at least it is in my flock, looks just like that!

I suggest you start right now letting the little one know you are the head chicken and pecking you isn't OK AT ALL. I am ASSUMING it isn't pecking because someone decided to force some "love" on it. Chicks and chickens peck defensively, put it up by your eyes, and ... well, you asked for it. They are prey animals and have instincts to match. They really don't want you all in their face (or their face in yours).

Last edited:

Wonderful! I'll do my best to post some good ones. I don't have much experience or luck as the pics come out small.
The chick reminded me of a cream Legbar male chick . I thought barring might be involved . No barring in parents so my guess really does not have anything to back it up other than striped chicks without the black eye line are often male .

Back
Top Bottom