The EE braggers thread!!!

My two EE pullets Pablo and Nimbus(Nugget)!

Congrats!! I remember you posted pics of her on the EE sexing thread, glad to hear I guessed correctly! She is a very pretty pullet, I love the yellow/white coloring.

As you most often do!

She laid another today, 44 grams this time. Yuki (a white Rock) laid her first egg yesterday, medium dark brown - 46 grams.

Not sure how long until the other 2 EEs start to lay. My guess is Penelope will be first since she has more comb than Athena but neither have gotten particularly puffy or dark red.

Here's a fun picture: my favorite EE beside my last remaining Jersey Giant. They're both almost 3 years old. No matter what I do the file won't stay oriented correctly so apologies in advance for any neck kinks trying to see it!

Here are our spring 2015 EE gals. The leftmost pullet is from the blue EE above crossed with my gold duckwing EE cock. The second from the left is from a crested cream legbar and duckwing dad. The two to the right, "Rosie" and "Shelley," as my daughter has named them, are from EE hens crossed with a blue-laced red Wyandotte.

Here is "Martha," our final spring pullet:

The big hatching plans for next spring include crossing the EE/Wyandotte pullets with the brother of the EE/Legbar. He's got a nice crest and will definitely contribute the blue egg laying gene. That should make for some very colorful chicks!

It took a while, but both my spring EEs are laying now. Cheekquita lays pretty light brown pinkish eggs, and Essie Rae produces gorgeous robin's egg blue.

This was right after Essie laid her first egg. I think Cheekquita was explaining the facts of life to her (over Tammy's back).

We've been having some very unseasonably warm weather here. My two mature Ameracauna hens quit laying for the season back in October, and our other hens were just at POL before winter shut-down.
Imagine my surpise finding these on December 23rd.

I'm not sure who they belong to, but I'm fairly sure they are from one or more of the EEs, since they seem greener than the light blue I get from the Ameraucanas.
Do they look green to you?

We've been having some very unseasonably warm weather here. My two mature Ameracauna hens quit laying for the season back in October, and our other hens were just at POL before winter shut-down.
Imagine my surpise finding these on December 23rd.

I'm not sure who they belong to, but I'm fairly sure they are from one or more of the EEs, since they seem greener than the light blue I get from the Ameraucanas.
Do they look green to you?

Always impossible to tell for sure on a computer screen since the colors don't always match reality. But I would say yes, they look greenish.

What size are the eggs and are the EEs pullets? If so, I'm not at all surprised they are laying now, pullets typically do lay their first winter. Mine were hatched June 8th. One EE started laying aqua on 11/18. A White Rock started on the 19th. I THOUGHT the other WR started on the 24th but now I'm not so sure that maybe only the first was laying and I had ASSUMED it was the other girl. She FOR SURE laid on 12/21 and again today and those eggs have a gagillion tiny white specks on slightly lighter brown eggs. The other EE started laying green on 12/8 and has missed only 2 days since! Unless the third EE is laying the exact same color but her comb is still smaller so I'm betting against it until I see her in a nest. Still waiting on the BJGs but given they will be huge birds I am not surprised they aren't yet laying. My huge BA didn't start until she was ~ 7 months old and she is about as big as a BJG hen.

Back
Top Bottom