The EE braggers thread!!!

I already replied to these birds on a previous post, but I still maintain they are both cockerels. Pullets will not get that particular shade of dark red on the shoulder/wing.

At first I thought the darker one was female, until I enlarged it and saw those red markings that scream boy, it's tail area seems more female, but I agree w/ you most likely a boy and the other one for sure.

Ok EE owners my 6 EEs have been laying for a couple of weeks now there eggs are still small when will they start laying bigger ones. I am eating them it just takes more eggs to make an omelet thanks..

Ok EE owners my 6 EEs have been laying for a couple of weeks now there eggs are still small when will they start laying bigger ones. I am eating them it just takes more eggs to make an omelet thanks..
It takes about a month or two for pullets to start laying 'normal' sized eggs. But those eggs will still likely be smaller than grocery store eggs. Their eggs will get a bit bigger with each seasonal molt that they go through.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but can EE's be sexed as chicks?

I am wanting to get a couple of them this year to add some color to my egg collection, but I cant have roosters

Sorry if this has been answered before, but can EE's be sexed as chicks?

I am wanting to get a couple of them this year to add some color to my egg collection, but I cant have roosters
Hatcheries do vent sex their Easter Eggers, but the accuracy rate is usually closer to 75% rather than the claimed 90%. Regardless, when buying sexed chicks, there is always a chance for an accidental cockerel or two.

Back
Top Bottom