The EE braggers thread!!!

I used a PC ( brown egg) rooster on blue egg partridge EE I have pullets that are laying huge.

forgive my ignorance what is PC? I love that bird. As a matter of fact I had seen that picture last week and printed it to show the hubby. I told him "I want to make this bird" LOL

PC is partridge Chanticler. They are beautiful birds. We will see if I can make them breed true or not. If they do not I might just have to make me more of them with a PC rooster. I have enough of them for 10 farms.

I used a PC ( brown egg) rooster on blue egg partridge EE I have pullets that are laying huge.

Here are the eggs I have them next to one of my CLB's eggs so you can compare it to the original blue.

The eggs weigh 84 and 77 grams. She is always laying eggs that size eggs.

And here is the bird, I think I have created a dual purpose EE. Most my EE are small birds and hardly worth processing, these are huge birds.

we are expecting great things from our araucana x BO hen, its looking to be all white and rumpless, just hope its not a roo or i will have to breed a few more and mate them together, all our araucana chicks have a lot of blue in them, from dad except one which is pure black, even blacker then her mum.

Here are the eggs I have them next to one of my CLB's eggs so you can compare it to the original blue.

The eggs weigh 84 and 77 grams. She is always laying eggs that size eggs.

And here is the bird, I think I have created a dual purpose EE. Most my EE are small birds and hardly worth processing, these are huge birds.

Wow Ralphie, those are huge, Jumbo and > Jumbo based on the USDA sizing that breaks every 7 grams! My EEs lay Large to XL but my Partridge Chanteclers rarely made it past Small into the low end of Medium.

I agree on the EE size, at least mine. They look big enough until they moult then they look scrawny.

Wow Ralphie, those are huge, Jumbo and > Jumbo based on the USDA sizing that breaks every 7 grams! My EEs lay Large to XL but my Partridge Chanteclers rarely made it past Small into the low end of Medium.

I agree on the EE size, at least mine. They look big enough until they moult then they look scrawny.

The egg size is a mystery. I understand hybrid vigor and all, but in actuality that applies to related species and not breeds. However, I assume just a change at many of the loci can add vigor when you take 2 breeds that are so dissimilar.

My PC have a medium egg also. The shape of the PC egg and these behemoths are very similar, the size is not..
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom