The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:
Yup, thats a pea comb.

x2 and
welcome-byc.gif
EE lover!

Thanks about the pea comb. I am now trying to sort out of my EE hens who has what kind of comb to mix with my Black Maran roo some day. Pea combs with a brown egg producer = olive eggs?????

Some of my EE hens have a larger more prounounced comb, have to get pictures. I do have one olive egg color layer, just need to figure out which one LOL

OK I have to start out saying, when I purchased my EE's I thought I was buying Ameraucanas. So many hatcheries mis-label (IMHO) because they think they will sell better. Was I disappointed? Yes. But only at the deception. I couldn't be happier with my Easter Egger babies
smile.png
Actually I am pleased, because after looking into it, I like EE's much more than Ameraucanas(not to down play the beauty of the breed) I just prefer EE's, and adore their green dino feet
big_smile.png

Well, if I had it to do all over again, knowing what I know now, I would have bought MORE. I LOVE THEM. My EE's are some of the most beautiful, faithful, sweet and itelligent chickens I have ever had. I am new to the breed, growing up we only had leghorns, buff orps and dominikers.

I see such intellect in these birds eyes. When I got them I was going to keep the hens for layers and put the roos on the block, but I just dont think I will have it in me to do so. Something about those birds eyes. Its like looking into the eyes of a kindred spirit. Anyone who has never had chickens will think I am loony. But I KNOW you guys understand
smile.png
Here are some of my babies(other breeds mixed in there too, as well as some of my duckies)

Here is my absolute favorite. 'he' always perks up when he hears me comin. He was the first to trust me and come to me. He likes his wings and neck rubbed and pecks at the freckles on my arms affectionately
smile.png
Yes I LOVE this bird.
P4160138.jpg

P4160140.jpg

Gotta love this one. I think she is a she lol.. She always reminded me of some sort of falcon or hawk. Very alert and such a sweety
P4160137.jpg

This one is a bit silly but shy. He is a clown, he does laps around the run while flapping(which looks very much like chicken power walking), he likes to perch on the feeders, watch for any unsuspecting passers by, dives down and does his 'ninja assault' hit and run tag on other chickens and likes to have stare downs with the ducks(especially the pekins which are easily twice his size) which makes be think he may be a roo
P4160126.jpg

P4160133.jpg

Please forgive the horrible quality of these pics. I have yet to master the settings on this blasted digital camera
sad.png

Quote:
Not necessarily. If an EE is impure for both the both blue egg gene and the pea comb gene, and crossed to a single combed breed; then there is greater probability of the pea combed descendents laying blue [or green/olive] than the single combed descendents have. A pea combed EE can possibly lay brown eggs and will never produce a blue or green egger unless mated to one.................................... and single combed EE can lay blue or green eggs and produce more single combed offspring that lay blue or green eggs. The pea combed/blue egg connection is only one of probabilities, and only valid if the EE is known to be impure for both the pea comb and blue egg genes.

Quote:
Here's the one I'm asking about:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/79748_commander_warf.jpg

I got this guy on 3/12/11 along with three hens. I collected the first two weeks eggs, and now they've mostly hatched! Here's a video:

The two black ones are barred cochin over RIR and the teensy tiny black one is a bantam mix. There are four more in the bator now along with a few that haven't pipped.

Last edited:
MommaBugg, your birds are beautiful and I love your descriptions. There is something special about the EEs. They seem more "conscious" to me. I have a pullet colored like your ninja boy, and she is my fav. Glad the boys may have a long term home.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom