The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:
Beautiful! Looks definitely lavender, maybe lavender isabel? Is that the buff columbian based lavender? Er, or the lavender based buff columbian. Very interesting bird, either way.

I came across a thread discussing something similar
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=450000&p=2

It's too bad she doesn't lay blue eggs, LOL! What type roo should I put over her? She was from a nearby feed store, with two other chippie EEs. I'll bet they have no idea where she came from.

Yup brown eggs happen in EE. It means the blue egg gene was not passed on. And it is somewhat just your luck. If those hens are mated with a rooster who has the blue gene, the offsprings will lay greenish olive or sage colored eggs depending on............. You need to find a breeder of Ameraucan whose whole flock lay blue. You know how hard it is to find new homes for your rooster, so it stands to reason that most birders have more males that they can handle, want or are allowed. Depending on your situation, it migh be easier to have new hens.

Quote:

Quote:
Very pretty, just dont expect the single combed one to lay blue/green eggs. They are all gold duckwings, Pretty is a gold duckwing with ether light blue or splash.

Funny thing.. 'pretty' has yet to lay (it's been 3 days since I got them) and all I've gotten are green and blue eggs. So I suppose 'but tugly' is the exception.

here is Fiesta!

baby pic
87534_chicks_3-16-11_002.jpg

87534_dsc00622.jpg

I had to hold her cause she wanted nothing to do with the photo shoot and was ready to jump back in with her sisters
roll.png

87534_dsc00619.jpg

Quote:
Very pretty, just dont expect the single combed one to lay blue/green eggs. They are all gold duckwings, Pretty is a gold duckwing with ether light blue or splash.

Funny thing.. 'pretty' has yet to lay (it's been 3 days since I got them) and all I've gotten are green and blue eggs. So I suppose 'but tugly' is the exception.

Single combed blue/green egg laying EEs are not common, but tugly is sure special!

I have some eggs in the bator who's daddy will be this guy!...

EEroo.jpg
His name is Col. Sanders and unless I miss my guess his offspring will lay some mighty nice colored eggs! Some of the eggs are EE. Some are Barred Rock, and a few are RIR so if I have a good hatch I should get some blue eggers and even more green eggers!

Back
Top Bottom