The EE braggers thread!!!

Hi everyone! I am new to BYC and have quite a few EE and Olive Eggers in my flock and just wanted to post pics. I was told one might be a roo but I have not figured out where he is, so if you see him let me know
big_smile.png

First is she a blue?? Her legs are really dark not green or anything.

92428_dsc03258.jpg

This one we will just call buff

92428_dsc03262.jpg

One of my 3 white girls. She may be an olive egger she has feathered legs. The other 2 lay pretty blue blue/green eggs an one is a jumbo! She seems to be smaller than the others and they should all be the same age is she a bantam or just a runt?

92428_dsc03269.jpg

This girl was a poser and I think the prettiest one I have.

92428_dsc03285.jpg

This is one that I am not sure if it is a pullet or not. Got pecked a lot and the feathers have not grown in yet.

92428_dsc03280.jpg

This is another I am not sure. Both hold tail feathers raised more than the first pics of the girls, so I just don't know.

92428_dsc03291.jpg

This is my for sure roo. I think he is the best yard candy I have! I just can't let him in the yard.

92428_dsc03267.jpg

I think I have 7 EE and 1 EE roo. 3-4 Olive eggers, BRs, blue splash Rocks, all kinds of reds and my new babies FBCM. I may be in over my head but why not get everything you want when you have waited your whole life for a farm!

SteveH... now I know everything about those gnats! Sorry for your loses.
sad.png
Good luck with your new flock!

Last edited:
Guess from a relative newbie: Poser, pic. 4. is probably the one people are calling a roo. The vertical feathers back by the tail are supposed to be a clue to that. Having no roos myself (unless my little unnamed black chick is a roo), I have 0 experience, only knowledge from reading.

Hello, can I ask if this qualifies as an EE? It hatched on Monday, here is the newborn pic:

25976_newbaby_6-6-11.jpg

He/she is the love child of our EE hen:
25976_p240411_1025.jpg

... and our black-over-blue Silkie rooster:
25976_p190311_1846_01.jpg

they have been best friends since forever,

...and we saw them dating a few weeks ago. The next day, there was her lazy-laid egg under the feeder fountain, so I put it under a broody, marked the calendar for 21 days and ! ta-daa ! here is their chick! Does this chick qualify as an EE? I really hope its a roo, the EE roos are gorgeous! But the wingtips are quite round, and this chick has a squishy round rump (both the mom and dad have fantastic tails!)
What do you think? EE? Mutt?

Last edited:
I'm new to BYC, and I love this thread. I started out with what I now know are EE. I bought pulletts and ended up with 3 hens and a roo. Two of the hens got taken by predators. My kids wanted some variety, so when we bought new pullets this year, we only got one EE, 3 RIR and a sex link. Maybe I can figure out how to post pics!

This is Daffodil. She lays a very light green egg, pretty much every day. I wish I had a closer shot of her. She is not a lovebug, but does love to eat out of my hand and comes running when I call her.
95426_dscn5439.jpg

This is my roo, Daisy. We thought he was a hen until I walked out and heard him crow one morning, but the name had already stuck. I wondered why he was so much skinnier and uglier than the other three. He is gorgeous and absolutely obnoxious. He is currently living in a bachelor pad as he got really mean and darn near psychotic after our other two hens were killed. Everyone tells me I should get rid of him or kill him since he is so agreesive, but I saved his life twice and I just can't bring myself to do it.
95426_dscn5300.jpg

I don't have a picture of the newest one. Her name is Mojojo (my 16 yearold daughter loved the Power puff girls when she was little, so the 4 new ones are Blossom, Buttercup, Bubbles and Mojojo) I'm hoping Mojojo is a hen.

Oh my! Not a post in over 24 hours? There is not enough bragging going on here.
tongue.png

So how's this? One of my little hens is growing into quite a beaut!
80987_img_7990.jpg

And this blue cockerel is a pretty boy...
80987_img_7800.jpg

80987_img_7798.jpg

And, might I add, if you have any pretty blue birds, you should join my contest, the Blue Bird Brawl! (which, of course, is not a brawl at all.
wink.png
)

True. More bragging here:

60454_body2.jpg

This is Hermione. She will be 6 weeks old tomorrow.

60454_ee1yellow.jpg

This was her at 3 or 4 days old.

I think she is a VERY pretty girl.

I got her out of the pullet bin at Orschlen's in Topeka, KS. She is from Estes hatchery in MO.

Quote:
droolin.gif
totally gorgeous. where is she from? Lovely girl!!

Back
Top Bottom