The EE braggers thread!!!

Here's my little EE roo.. I think he's going to be gorgeous! I hope he turns out to be friendly when he gets his hormones in.
smile.png

Haven't thought of a name yet..

51848_imag0092.jpg

He is beautiful!

Quick first time EE owner by default ( see above lol)

Dipsy - she has kind olive green colored legs - does this donote that she may lay green eggs? Or unrelated?

I enjoy looking at all the pics..these are beautiful birds! I have 1 who belongs to my son..he named her peep. I really wish I had more because they really are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
big_smile.png

I have chicks that I hatched on purpose for the first time! Most of them would qualify as EEs. The pen contained 4 Ideal EEs (3 of some sort of partridge or pheasant coloring, 1 white; only one has puffy cheeks and beard) and 2 "olive eggers" which came from halo's eggs, her blue rock roo over her EEs (one blue, one black with puffy cheeks and beard).

The roo is one of halo's too - one of her white sports from her wheaten Ameracaunas, also with a clean face.

Every bird in the pen either has green, dark blue or slate colored legs.

I have 10 chicks hatched from blue or green eggs.

Here are photo's of 9 of them (plus one that is from a GCM over a Welsummer, because I had space for one more egg in the incubator!):

22119_dsc_0905.jpg

22119_dsc_0936.jpg

22119_dsc_0941.jpg

22119_dsc_0990.jpg

In this photo, there is the gray chick from a green or blue egg, and the GCM-Wellie cross:
22119_dsc_0951.jpg

Then - of the 5 chicks in this photo, one hatched from a blue or green egg! They look almost identical to me! 3 have more yellow on the face than the other 2, but the feet look the same, and all have straight combs! Four of these hatched from brown eggs from a pen with a black/gold roo ( an accidental cross between a Partridge Rock and a blue rock from halo) and 2 black rock hens, also from halo's eggs. One hatched from a green/blue egg. I'm thinking maybe one of the EEs or olive eggers slipped through the fence separating the groups and had an assignation with the black/gold rock roo, then went back to her pen to lay the egg (Very sneaky)! Or could one of these be the offspring of the white/wheaten Ameracauna roo and either the black or blue olive egger? One of the chicks is looking a little lighter in color now - maybe that is the one from the blue/green egg?? What are your thoughts?

Here's all 5 together - not cooperating for the photo shoot:
22119_dsc_1039.jpg

The 3 with more yellow markings on the face:
22119_dsc_1016.jpg

The 2 with less yellow on the face"
22119_dsc_1012.jpg

Also - any thoughts on the yellow legs on 5 of the chicks from the EE pen?? I had to go out and look again when I saw the leg color on the chicks to be sure I was right that all the chickens in the pen had green, blue or slate colored legs. How'd they end up with yellow legs?

I was so surprised, because none of the parents have yellow legs. I was hoping someone knew about the inheritance of leg color - I read a little on that topic, but it didn't help with this question. Even if the green/blue/slate leg color is recessive, at least some of the "chipmunk" striped chicks should have gotten the gene from both parents. Only the gray or black chicks from this cross have dark legs.

Back
Top Bottom