The EE braggers thread!!!

Quote:
droolin.gif
I could never get rid of a boy like that!
droolin.gif
Too cool!

Quote:
No i tried in my earliet attempts to cris-cross across the front, but it pulled too many feathers. I am using soft ribbon around the wings, and i have tweaked the pattern to fit good! I hate it when they are loose and floppy. So far i have sized my two smallish EE hens, My EE roo, My larger orpington hen, and my little bantam cochin! I don't think they can get these ones off. Mine are happy cause they're like little blankies, and it's frigid here! Flannel is not very durable though. I am thinking about selling some in the spring. I have all kinds of cute ideas!
The key is to fit it sholder to sholder, and not make the armholes too deep; they need be in the right place, so it don't pinch, but you don't want it so deep as to pucker at the sholders.

Quote:
big_smile.png
Mine that is that color is called Coco too!!! Great minds think alike... Her color is either lemon blue or blue partridge/quail. Lemon blue is when you take a blue bird and cross it with the standard brown/black partridge/quail color. There are a lot of variations on how the feathers turn out on this cross, but they are pretty! (I researched this trying to figure out how to make more little coco's; mine is "in my face" too!)

101909_dsc05578.jpg

this is her earlier colors; now that she has molted, her new feathers have a LOT of grey and her head is black and white? Where is the red going??? will it come back???

Quote:
big_smile.png
Mine that is that color is called Coco too!!! Great minds think alike... Her color is either lemon blue or blue partridge/quail. Lemon blue is when you take a blue bird and cross it with the standard brown/black partridge/quail color. There are a lot of variations on how the feathers turn out on this cross, but they are pretty! (I researched this trying to figure out how to make more little coco's; mine is "in my face" too!)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/101909_dsc05578.jpg
this is her earlier colors; now that she has molted, her new feathers have a LOT of grey and her head is black and white? Where is the red going??? will it come back???

ya.gif
Do you have any more pictures of that bird?

Quote:
No i tried in my earliet attempts to cris-cross across the front, but it pulled too many feathers. I am using soft ribbon around the wings, and i have tweaked the pattern to fit good! I hate it when they are loose and floppy. So far i have sized my two smallish EE hens, My EE roo, My larger orpington hen, and my little bantam cochin! I don't think they can get these ones off. Mine are happy cause they're like little blankies, and it's frigid here! Flannel is not very durable though. I am thinking about selling some in the spring. I have all kinds of cute ideas!
The key is to fit it sholder to sholder, and not make the armholes too deep; they need be in the right place, so it don't pinch, but you don't want it so deep as to pucker at the sholders.

Those that I made did stay in place for quite a while and by the time they either came off or got in a bad position they were dirty and should be removed anyway. I think that if I made the wing straps any tighter it be too hard to pass the wing through. I made some with snaps but forgot to use the snaps. Mine were double sided cotton but not flannel. Our weather is the opposite of yours. HOT during the summer but real nice now.

Anyway I think that flannel is easy because it has more "give" to it but that causes it to wear more. I plan on a slightly different design. Have you tried to double the cloth with the flannel on the inside and a tougher cloth on the top side. I don't think that chickens are bother by having them on.

Quote:

Those that I made did stay in place for quite a while and by the time they either came off or got in a bad position they were dirty and should be removed anyway. I think that if I made the wing straps any tighter it be too hard to pass the wing through. I made some with snaps but forgot to use the snaps. Mine were double sided cotton but not flannel. Our weather is the opposite of yours. HOT during the summer but real nice now.

Anyway I think that flannel is easy because it has more "give" to it but that causes it to wear more. I plan on a slightly different design. Have you tried to double the cloth with the flannel on the inside and a tougher cloth on the top side. I don't think that chickens are bother by having them on.

Snaps are definitly the way to go!!! I did the elastic, but to fit it around the wing it ended up being loose, and it pulled their feathers all the wrong way when i put it on! With the snaps they will sit right still for me. Mabie you could use scotch gaurd on the fabric? My roo put holes in the flannel right away.

101909_dsc05742.jpg

Coco before (also before i figured out the saddles)

101909_nov_11_017.jpg

Coco now. Kinda went from a cool laced to a calico??? Her back is black and grey, with very little red and her beard/face is now black and white.? Still fights to get into my lap though;) Does anyone know if this is permanent?

I love how this EE bird is becoming so popular..... multi colors are in this year, yay. I remember back when I first joined, the EE, was less discussed on here and in the market here in Canada. Now it seems the mixed breed mutt bird, is in high demand. I have no problems selling my EE's, people are loving the colors and the colored eggs. The underdogs of chickenland are pulling to the lead. Now to get them accepted as breed to show...they are worthy of that..... I've seen some beauties on this thread who would have no problem taking best in show...

I have mostly silkies but I kept one EE we call Hannah. She has such personality that I couldn't bear to part with her. She follows me everywhere, loves to be held and is very good to my silkies. She has paired up with a special needs barred rock I adopted from my neighbor as she didn't have a safe place for her. Hannah helped tame the barred rock (Sassy Sista)when we brought her home. Now the two of them are best friends and have been laying some nice eggs for us. I really like EE's and agree that they should be shown as a breed. I have seen some beauties on this thread!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom