The EE braggers thread!!!

This our Rhode Island Red and EE named Goldie. They surely didn't mind sharing that blue nest box while there were plenty of them to use!
roll.png

70191_img07734-20110602-0907.jpg

Goldie,
70191_img07599-20110513-1313.jpg

And our chicken hotels top to bottom; Barred Rock, BSL, and EE named Fly Girl!
big_smile.png

70191_img07740-20110602-0912.jpg

Can anyone tell Grey Girl that that's not a place for her to lay her egg please?
he.gif
barnie.gif

70191_grey_girl.jpg

here's another pic of mine, looked like cressy last year; she has gotten a little calico'd this year! She is wearing my little hen saver i made last month
101909_dec_11_061.jpg

Thanks for all the compliments on my birds... I do love alot of the colors I've produced here on my acreage..and I've grown fond of several of the girls.
Sadly though, we may be moving..not sure yet....but, it breaks my heart to think of rehoming all my work and all the ones I've grown to adore. I guess we shall see if that day comes...we are hoping to find out in the next week or so...

Quote:
Oh Emjay sorry to hear about moving and rehoming...You have beautiful EE's I do hope and wish you get to take atleast the most special ones. I have only one EE and I love her to pieces!!! Carmel and the silver-laced one are the most awesome!!!!!

Quote:
You are sure you can't bring them?

positive...
sad.png

sometimes careers of others cause life changes, but, I'll get my acreage again, just will have to take a hiatus for 3 years...we still haven't heard yet...so...nothing concrete yet.

I don't know 100% but i know in other colors the lavender is not shown in the first generation. The chicks will carry 50% of the genes for lavendar . so probably a buff. To get the lavendar to show you'd have to put those chicks when they were mature with either a lavendar or another 50% lavendar. Then at least most of them should hatch out lavendar. But i don't think they will have any buff on them because it would be "diluted" by the lavendar. The only colors not affected by it are silver and possibly white.
Supposing the americana has the blue egg gene, the eggs of the first chicks would be green when they started laying. More than likely they will have the pea comb, and the big fuzzy orp butt.
big_smile.png

To figure out color combos you can google something called chickencalculator.com It's kinda technical, but it helps understand things a little. you just plug in the color of your roo, and the color of your hen and voila! it tells you what the chicks will be.

Quote:
I had an Easter Egger rooster breed a Grey American Game hen a couple years ago and when she hatched out babies they had a gamish body with tiny muffs and large Pea combs and they layed pretty light green eggs. The females hatched out brown with chipmunk stripes and the males hatched out silvery/white with stripes.

~Aspen

Back
Top Bottom