The EE braggers thread!!!

Just wanted to share a pic of my EE bantam family. The little rooster will sit on the chicks at night rite next to the hen
lau.gif
I just cant seem to get a picture of it yet
hide.gif
. The babies are 3 weeks old now.

very cute family...
love.gif

Just wanted to share a pic of my EE bantam family. The little rooster will sit on the chicks at night rite next to the hen
lau.gif
I just cant seem to get a picture of it yet
hide.gif
. The babies are 3 weeks old now.

Your right he does look like mine!!! Hahaha he's hurt I'm not sure how or why :( its getting worse he won't bear any weight on it today just hopping around on one food :(

Can you handle him? If so then hold him until he calms down and then use a free hand to feel from his knee all the way down to each toe. you will find out if he has anything wrong and pretty close to were it may be when he pulls his foot/leg away. Take it slow and don't rush the process. A break will be pretty obvious but a pulled or strained area will take a little more detective work. Good luck with him and let us know how it goes. When in doubt always leave them in the hands of a professional unless you don't have that option.

I can't feel a break at all. And he wasn't really hurling around when I was Feeling it.
I'm wondering if I should try to restrict this movement and just give that leg a rest for a few days.

I can't feel a break at all. And he wasn't really hurling around when I was Feeling it.
I'm wondering if I should try to restrict this movement and just give that leg a rest for a few days.

I had a roo that got into a fight and we put him in a cage in the pen and he got into another fight I guess and was hurt more. He didn't get better... I kind think it was because of the small cage he couldn't exercise. I think next time I will put one in a cage alone but with plenty of room to rest and exercise in peace.

I culled two turkeys a week ago because they were picking one everyone in the coop every time I walked in there I could feel the intense stress in the air. That's when it started I wonder if he got into a fight with one of them??
He stays in the coop pretty much all day and rest you think maybe now that the turkeys are gone and everyone's a little more relaxed now that they are gone. But he's such a scardy rooster and runs away from everything!
I'll try the restriction for a few days whats the harm with a few days.

Back
Top Bottom